Prime Day 2019

It's a product review, not a shipping review. You may have a terrible delivery service in your area, or your local Amazon warehouse is either poorly stocked or poorly run. Most of us don't have those problems, and Amazon knows that most people don't want product reviews skewed by delivery problems that have nothing to do with the product.

No, I disagree, the original email was about my transaction experaince with Amazon. Here's a cut and past of the title of the email I was sent. (will you rate your transaction at Amazon) To me, a transaction with an on-line retailer includes among other things, delivery as promised, payment processing and product quality.

They never asked what I thought about the "product".

Last edited:
No, I disagree, the original email was about my transaction experaince with Amazon. Here's a cut and past of the title of the email I was sent. (will you rate your transaction at Amazon) To me, a transaction with an on-line retailer includes among other things, delivery as promised, payment processing and product quality.

They never asked what I thought about the "product".
OK. I've only had requests to review a product. I agree that you properly rated the transaction.

But why do you continue to use Amazon when you've had a history of such problems?

OK. I've only had requests to review a product. I agree that you properly rated the transaction.

But why do you continue to use Amazon when you've had a history of such problems?
Sometimes, it's the only place I find what I'm looking for. "Often" the Amazon search will lead me to a retailers website that I can buy from directly, which I will do, "sometimes".

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I bought something from Best Buy the same day I bought another product from Amazon. I could have bought them both from Amazon. If I remember correctly, pricing was identical and shipping was free (well included in the price of course) from both. So my decision on where to buy, "depends".

Last edited:
I finally got the camera I ordered during Amazon Prime Day. Not without human intervention. After initial order, got a message saying order delayed and new expected delivery is 4 days later. The 4 days came and went so I had to call Amazon. They say the order probably was lost and shipped a replacement overnight.

Makes me wonder how if the original shipment was lost or the consequence of somebody with sticky fingers. I'll never know, but a bit odd. The cynic in my thinks maybe "lost" is another way of saying "missing due to theft" :(. Just a hunch.

Makes me wonder how if the original shipment was lost or the consequence of somebody with sticky fingers. I'll never know, but a bit odd. The cynic in my thinks maybe "lost" is another way of saying "missing due to theft" :(. Just a hunch.

Perhaps, but I imagine Amazon is very, VERY good about preventing theft. I would say that 95% of packages I get (delivered by AMZN) has a photo taken of it where it was delivered. Are there exceptions? Of course...but I think it's pretty seldom. You also have to wonder how many shipments are lost to accidents? With the thousands of UPS/USPS delivery/transport trucks, there are probably at least a couple accidents every day that results in loss of product.

Perhaps, but I imagine Amazon is very, VERY good about preventing theft. I would say that 95% of packages I get (delivered by AMZN) has a photo taken of it where it was delivered. Are there exceptions? Of course...but I think it's pretty seldom. You also have to wonder how many shipments are lost to accidents? With the thousands of UPS/USPS delivery/transport trucks, there are probably at least a couple accidents every day that results in loss of product.

One reason for my being cynic is the box with the camera shows the items contains lithium batteries. That plus being shipped to an Amazon Locker location could be clues as something electronic and of possibly of value. Or maybe it is just me being suspicious :LOL:.

I think UPS is still tops as for tracking. I've had items damaged during delivery and the tracking would show that.

Amazon's delivery showing the status of the driver on a map is nice but this is inconsistent as the status doesn't show for each delivery.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom