Amazon Prime Video realization

We let our Prime expire and weaned ourselves from Amazon. We still buy & get free shipping, just less 1 day shipping which was not reliable anyhow.

Going up again pushed us away and they were less than competitive on a lot more than usual.

I just got screwed over by Amazon, sort of.

I signed up for Paramount plus on July 3 and then 2 days later they announce you can sign up for $0.99 (I paid $9.99) for two months. I cancelled the auto subscription (good until Aug 3) but there is no method for me re-signing up to take this deal.

I just got screwed over by Amazon, sort of.

I signed up for Paramount plus on July 3 and then 2 days later they announce you can sign up for $0.99 (I paid $9.99) for two months. I cancelled the auto subscription (good until Aug 3) but there is no method for me re-signing up to take this deal.

Try doing an online chat with customer service. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m a Prime member, but they always try very hard to keep me satisfied.

Last edited:
We like Better Call Saul and signed up for a couple months of AMC plus so that we could see the final season. Two weeks ago I thought it would be good to rewatch the last 2 shows before part two of the season begins. Low and behold even though we were paying for AMC ...Season 6 was not offered as play on demand.

AMC+ is doing something somewhat evil that I hope doesn't catch on.

BCS is available, but times out after 4 to 6 weeks. So the word is that they intentionally took this 5 week break in the season in order to time out all the free or reduced deals. That's why if people signed on over the weekend to catch up on S6 of BCS, they found nothing. But, hey, you'll be able to see the end of the series as long as you have 2 months worth.

Being cord-free, I signed up for AMC+ last Thanksgiving black Friday for $24 per year. But here's the problem: they have zero on-line account support. I can't even look up my subscription dates. I'm going to have to call them before the year is up in order to avoid some $200 charge for another yearly renewal. I have a reminder in October to cancel.

I really hope this doesn't catch on with other streamers.

Being cord-free, I signed up for AMC+ last Thanksgiving black Friday for $24 per year. But here's the problem: they have zero on-line account support.

I signed up for AMC+ through Amazon Prime’s 99c/month x 2 month deal on Prime Day, before I read your comment. I just wanted to binge-watch a new series AMC+ is currently streaming. I won’t resubscribe to any streaming service that makes it a hassle to cancel. I suspect it will be easy since I subscribed through Amazon Prime, but I will see.

I signed up for AMC+ through Amazon Prime’s 99c/month x 2 month deal on Prime Day, before I read your comment. I just wanted to binge-watch a new series AMC+ is currently streaming. I won’t resubscribe to any streaming service that makes it a hassle to cancel. I suspect it will be easy since I subscribed through Amazon Prime, but I will see.

I did the same for Showtime, because I want to watch Twin Peaks: The Return.

Canceling through Amazon should be easy. I took a screen shot of the fine print for reference. This should work for you too, just substitute "AMC+".

Attachments

• cancel.JPG
    cancel.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 50
I’m sure reluctant to start anything new on Amazon Prime because I’ve been burned several times now. The new business model is to get you hooked on a series (like Animal Kingdom) and then after you’ve invested 4 or 5 seasons they start charging $24.99 per season if you want to see how it all ends. Or another of my series was Bosch which is now Bosch Legacy with commercials to earn money.

I’m sure reluctant to start anything new on Amazon Prime because I’ve been burned several times now. The new business model is to get you hooked on a series (like Animal Kingdom) and then after you’ve invested 4 or 5 seasons they start charging $24.99 per season if you want to see how it all ends. Or another of my series was Bosch which is now Bosch Legacy with commercials to earn money.
I was really miffed with the stunt they pulled with Bosch legacy. I guess they think in addition to prime I should also pay for a subscription to watch legacy with commercials? Fat chance.

I was really miffed with the stunt they pulled with Bosch legacy. I guess they think in addition to prime I should also pay for a subscription to watch legacy with commercials? Fat chance.

I rejoined Amazon last year before the increase to $139. But after this year I will be dumping it again. I too was miffed at ads being added to Bosch but most are short so I am watching the series. There are lots of good streaming services so Prime is not a must.

No Legacy is subscription free which is why you watch ads...IMBD tv

They made Legacy free on IMDB but put some commercials in for people that don't want to pay prime but I guess nobody is ever satisfied.

Not that the reason matters but this a reaction for the original sources ie AMC, Showtime etc. the last season will eventually showup on Prime but it's going to take awhile..

We have Prime and Netflix as paid subscriptions. Living in Hungary Netflix is not particularly great as it is limited to only those movies/shows that have Hungarian subtitles. Netflix is very aggressive in catching people using VPN's etc. so we simply changed our American subscription for the European one to avoid the hassle. We get most things but not all. Amazon Prime serves us better with more foreign film choices. Lately, I subscribed to the Acorn channel on Prime and we watched a ton of series there. There are enough channel choices that are cheap enough to keep Amazon interesting for us. Our other main source is to download torrents (not currently illegal here) and stream them using Plex. We don't watch all that much and more or less limit ourselves to 2 hours an evening.

I use an antenna and get 35 stations here in St. Charles, MO. If I want to watch a movie I just bring up one of the mostly movie stations.

I can also record movies that I see on the TV Guide (TitanTV.com) and watch them later.

I recommend you watch The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. It's written by the same fellow who wrote the Bosch books. In fact the lead character is Bosch's half brother in both their story lines. Same good stuff. No commercials. No extra charges. In fact, I would be surprised to not see Bosch team up with his brother later on. That has already happened in the books.

And, yes, I hate it when a paid service includes one or two seasons, and then they ask you for $$'s to watch season three. Sorry, that's not the deal I signed up for.

I recommend you watch The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. It's written by the same fellow who wrote the Bosch books. In fact the lead character is Bosch's half brother in both their story lines. Same good stuff. No commercials. No extra charges. In fact, I would be surprised to not see Bosch team up with his brother later on. That has already happened in the books.

And, yes, I hate it when a paid service includes one or two seasons, and then they ask you for $$'s to watch season three. Sorry, that's not the deal I signed up for.

Oddly enough I just saw an article saying the Netflix is losing subscribers and considering adding an option to stream with commercials for less money.

Oddly enough I just saw an article saying the Netflix is losing subscribers and considering adding an option to stream with commercials for less money.

Yes, Netflix announced yesterday that they have lost nearly 1 million subscribers in the 2nd quarter. The stock is up 14% since Monday. Analysts had been expecting Netflix to announce they'd lost 2 million subscribers.

They're also going to crack down on password sharing, which should net them more revenue. Already testing it out in a few places.

Bosch Legacy is a poor example as mentioned, it's completely free with ads and remains commercial-free on Prime. For us Prime Video is just a bonus for a Prime sub, we rarely watch anything there.

Last edited:
I am surprised no one here has mentioned Wondrium. $15/month and mostly documentaries and courses.

Back
Top Bottom