quiet space heater ?

broadway

Full time employment: Posting here.
Does such a thing as a quiet space heater exist?

I have three different models of the small ceramic heaters, and all of them are noisy. If the TV is on, I would need to up the volume a few notches.

I also bought a Sunbeam quartz heater for its supposed lower noise level, and it is still unsatisfactory.

I have read good reviews of the Lasko tower ceramic heather and the Pelonis oil-filled heater. Both are sold at Walmart.

Anyone have experience with either?

We used to have an the oil filled. When it died I bought a Lasko which we still use. The oil filled was absolutely silent because there is no fan - it's just radiant heat. The Lasko is very quiet. I like both but prefer the Lasko because it has a fan and circulates the heat.

I use 2 of the oil filled heaters one a pelonis, one " creature comforts " . 3 settings , about 13 amps on the highest IIRC Almost silent, takes some time to warm up. You only hear a click when the t-stat open or closes, but the radiant heat is very different than a fan forced space heater.

I Also have used panel type radiant heaters, very low wattage for a very small spot .

I use oil filled. It takes a while to get the room up to temp, but once there it's a wonderful radiant heat, and absolutely quiet.

we used to have a quartz heater in the bathroom of a previous house. It rattled a bit when starting up, but after that it was silent.

The oil-filled type was also silent, except for an occasional quiet click when the thermostat triggered. You're probably concerned about the fan in the average ceramic heater, and that's just dependent on the speed you set it at. Quartz heaters are great, but they only heat what they are pointed at (hopefully that's you) and not the surrounding air in the room. Oil-filled heaters heat the air, but they seemingly take forever to get there.

There will always be a compromise.

I use a Bionaire from Costco. It has a fan but to me it is very quiet. It runs quite a bit of the time and probably produces over half of the heat for most of the winter. The furnace will kick in if needed. This is the third or fourth on I have had.

Or snore.

Jam on down the hall baby, you're getting loud - :)

I have oil filled heater with three heat settings and a thermostat. It is dead silent and holds the temperature in the room perfectly, I highly reccomend oil filled heaters

I had a oil filled but I wanted something wall mounted
envi
So far it works well - many different configurations- 220 110 hard wired or cord

We have a couple of the wall-mounted Envi heaters, and we like them a lot.
A caution on oil-filled heaters: I had one a while back that worked fine for a while. Then one day, I smelled a strange odor coming from the living room (where the oil-filled heater was). Upon investigating I found the oil-filled heater smoking profusely. Had I not been there to unplug the thing, I'm not sure what would have happened, but it likely wouldn't have been good. No more oil-filled heaters for me.

Here's my favorite heater:

1323276147-812375_full.jpg

If it can be where it points at you, it's great--like a fireplace. It hums when it starts up, but is then totally silent.

I ended up buying a Lasko ceramic heater tower with remote at Target.
I had a $5 off coupon to make it cheaper than a similar one at Walmart.
Not totally quiet, but quieter than the three small ceramic heaters that I have.
Perhaps the technology has improved a bit from 10 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom