R.I.P. Odo 79

I remember him from ACT in San Francisco. I went to a number of their productions in high school, back when you could get a substantial student discount. ACT was full of talented people, many of whom went on to acting careers on TV and in movies, becoming famous along the way.

One of his "little" roles that I immensely enjoyed was the Night Gallery episode "Camera Obscura". It was one of the best episodes, in my opinion, of that series.

I enjoyed him in so many shows over the years.

RIP Rene.

So much credit for his role in Star Trek, but man...I loved his character Clayton Endicott III (Benson). He was quite talented!

RIP constable.

He was just one of the many incredibly talented character actors that Trek seemed to attract. Making many appearances across multiple series and movies.

Could always tell it was him though, even under prosthetics. That unmistakable elocution...

I remember seeing him in an episode of Boston Legal and yelled out, "Odo!"

RIP Rene Auberjonois :(

I know he's been in a LOT of other things (218 total credits according to IMDB), but I'm almost done watching DS9 all the way through for the 3rd time, and so this hit a little harder than it would have a year or two ago. :'(

I've been slowly pacing my way through DS9 also. The characters in this series were so good and interacted so well. Odo and Quark - what a pair to play off one another. One thing I loved about Trek was how there was always a story arc to the bad guys too. (Not that either one was a bad guy - but that was part of the overall tale). I hope Trek endures for another 50 years.

I am saddened to hear of his death. He did a great job as Odo, showing the difficulty of having a life in two different cultures.

OTOH, Kirk Douglas just turned 103. Wow

I am too lazy to chase down the statistics, but would be interesting to know how many were injured seriously or killed in the past year as a percentage of the total number of visits worldwide.

People tend to get far too spun up about very rare but very spectacular events. Me? I don't. I make a quick inspection but generally assume that the elderly tourist helo or airplane has been flying long enough to get through one more flight.

Umm.. the volcano thread is over there man.

This here one is about a shape shifting alien from the Dominion

(and the great guy who played him)

Its been a hard couple of weeks for Star Trek.

D.C. Fontana died
Rene (ODO) Died
Marina Sirtis husband Michael Lampe died (61 years old)
Robert Hudson who played Charlie X in STOS

Its been a hard couple of weeks for Star Trek.

D.C. Fontana died
Rene (ODO) Died
Marina Sirtis husband Michael Lampe died (61 years old)
Robert Hudson who played Charlie X in STOS

Someone in another (non-ER) forum I participate in mentioned Fontana and Hudson. Did you know that Fontana did the teleplay for the Charlie X episode?

One that seemed to fly under the radar was the loss of Aron Eisenberg who played Nog on DS9. He passed on 9/21/19. I was kind of surprised how much then ended up developing that particular character in the series.

Back
Top Bottom