Realistic article on Longevity

The one advantage I'm beginning to see is that my old "30 year time-line" to make my assets last is rapidly becoming a more realistic 25 or even 20 year time line. Still, I suppose I could live to 99, so... YMMV
I hope you will update us in October 2036. ;)

Personally I feel the same way. All that money and I got to enjoy it now. Unfortunately one can only eat just so much and travel just so much. :blush:

Personally I feel the same way. All that money and I got to enjoy it now. Unfortunately one can only eat just so much and travel just so much. :blush:

Well, we all have to eat, but there are plenty of other fulfilling things to do besides travelling.

Hey, I eat less and less these days. I used to be a ravenous eater and scared my friends with what I could eat and not gain weight. Not so anymore. I also eat more healthy food now to keep my girly BMI of 23.

Travel wise, I started to have 2nd thoughts about the long hours sitting on airplanes, and waiting around crowded airports. Been trying to push those aside in order to squeeze in some overseas travel before it's time to just sit in the front porch and swing the rest of my life away.

Interesting! Based on the various articles you need to get on with your plan whatever that maybe. My mother is 94, has a glass of bourbon every night; wonder if scotch will do the same?:LOL:

Ed

My grandfather died at 86 and my father died at 85. I was fortunate enough to have some quality conversations with both of them just prior to passing. Neither was ready to go. They both loved living and wanted just a bit more time. That, in a nutshell, is what it's all about. Both were independent til the end.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

My Mom died just four months short of 100 . She was mentally competent to the end . In fact she was still wearing jewelry and dressing nicely the week before she died . She was a survivor .

Back
Top Bottom