Recommendations for new kitchen cabinets.

My next kitchen remodel will include far fewer cabinets. I'm finding stuff that hasn't been used in years.
They look great and appear super functional, but, seem to collect a lot of stuff I really don't want any more.

We bought the lazy susans for our corner cabinets at Bed, Bath and Beyond... they make those corner cabinets hugely more functional.

They are so handy that ometimes I'm tempted to get them or even the regular kitchen cabinets.

They're pretty useful in a regular 90 corner. I have a corner cabinet that's 45 degrees and can get by without one, although I'm sure that a Lazy Susan would work pretty well in it:

corner.jpg

After trying to minimize overspray while disinfecting the cabinets that the exterminator opened, I'd like to have hinges that let you lift the door up to remove it without unscrewing anything. Then I can take them all outside to spray them. Any quick release mechanism would work too. Is there something like that?

After trying to minimize overspray while disinfecting the cabinets that the exterminator opened, I'd like to have hinges that let you lift the door up to remove it without unscrewing anything. Then I can take them all outside to spray them. Any quick release mechanism would work too. Is there something like that?

Euro hinges already are quick release: https://www.familyhandyman.com/list/all-about-euro-hinges/

The quick release hinges are common...just push the release and they pop off. They go back on just as easily. As far as I know they have no effect on the adjustment screw.

I saw a video to give me a quick idea of how they work. I don't even want to remove two screws per door if there's a different hinge that makes it even easier. Also, the tilt adjustment screw seems like it wouldn't be secure and I'd have to adjust the angle of the doors periodically.

You do not need to remove any screws. Did you read #3 on the document I sent you?

You do not need to remove any screws. Did you read #3 on the document I sent you?

Yeah, I saw, then I saw a video that showed a guy screwing on the door, but I found another video. I'll probably get them but I still think they'll slip and need periodic adjustment. Because of the adjustment screws that don't tighten.

Yeah, I saw, then I saw a video that showed a guy screwing on the door, but I found another video. I'll probably get them but I still think they'll slip and need periodic adjustment.

I have them and they don't slip. The removal clip has nothing to do with the adjustment screw.

But if you don't want them just in case of what you think might happen (as opposed to what actually happens), don't get them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom