SG has something to tell us about...

Martha said:
You nasty boys. ;)

Better send one to Martha while you're at it. Greg might even read a page or two if it mentions gold. Gold! GOLD!!!!

justin said:
Better send one to Martha while you're at it. Greg might even read a page or two if it mentions gold. Gold! GOLD!!!!

Cut the guy some slack Justin and careful you don't burn your bridges. You may end up needing a loan from him someday.

justin said:
Better send one to Martha while you're at it.  Greg might even read a page or two if it mentions gold.  Gold!  GOLD!!!!

You may note that since the last time the anti-gold forces on this forum warned us of its dangers, gold and gold stocks have gone up, while the S&P and NAZ have gone down.

But hey, you guys are right in principle.  :)

Ha

Ouch. I forgot my winky smiley again. ;)

I might touch gold once the P/E ratios come back down a little. Call me a dirty market timer if you want. Just don't call me a speculator.

By the way, did ya'll hear the world cup announcers? Even they were shouting "GOLD!!!".

Seriously though, SG, give me a free copy and I'll review it for you as a card-holding engineer. For free. And at my billable rates, I figure that's worth at least a few thousand bucks. :D

I'd pay for a copy, as long as my review ends up in the jacket. Heck, I'll buy two! :)

HaHa said:
You may note that since the last time the anti-gold forces on this forum warned us of its dangers, gold and gold stocks have gone up, while the S&P and NAZ have gone down.

Which time are you talking about Mikey? The only thing I see is a slight drop of the S&P500 after a substantial bull run of several years, and gold dropping about a hundred bucks since about the last time there was a serious gold discussion around here.

As i'm sure you'll agree, short term looks at any investment just doesnt tell much of the story.

$10,000 invested in gold in 1987 would be worth about 15,000 today. $10,000 invested in the s&p 500 in 1987 would be worth about $70,000 today.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
$10,000 invested in gold in 1987 would be worth about 15,000 today. $10,000 invested in the s&p 500 in 1987 would be worth about $70,000 today.

Yeah, but, but, look at how shiny gold is!

Gold is very important for making ohmic contacts on III-V semiconductor MESFETs, HEMTs and HBTs. :)

sgeeeee said:
Gold is very important for making ohmic contacts on III-V semiconductor MESFETs, HEMTs and HBTs. :)

Speaking of fictional robot characters from space movies, C3PO was also gold-plated. ;)

I guess I never considered the true industrial uses of gold. Although I doubt the industrial gold consumption was responsible for the recent increase in gold prices.

justin said:
Speaking of fictional robot characters from space movies . . .

What was the robot's name on Lost in Space ? Remember that thing swinging it's arms around in circles and screaching, "Danger Will Robinson. Danger Will Robinson." ? I think if they hadn't have gone to a camera cut the robot would have completed that thought:

"Danger Will Robinson. Buy gold now." :LOL: :D :D :)

Gold is also used in some drugs.  Gold is supposed to help relieve arthritis.

Don't forget that gold is an important ingredient in other thing as well as demonstrated by the following:

AU+AU=Sex

Sex+Sex= :D

O AU=O Sex

O Sex= :'(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom