Ship a car from Florida to CT

Tetto

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi All- I need to ship a car from Palm Beach County Florida to Connecticut. Does anyone know of a reputable shipper? Exposed flatbed truck is fine.

Regards

Tetto

Have you tried getting a quote from an on-line broker?

We’ve shipped cars twice from west coast to kids going to school on the east coast. Used brokers both times. Worked out fine.

This was pre-pandemic. Cost was around $1k.

I recently had a move (active duty) and shipped a vehicle from CT to WA. It was my second time using Uship. The first was a 85 Jeep CJ7 from WI to VA that ended up being $700 which was an amazing deal but the fellow who picked it up was from VA and had family in WI and found other loads there and back. The most recent one was a 73 Corvette and coast to coast was $2000 through a broker on Uship. Broker bid and outsourced to 3rd party still a decent price given the distance. Uship takes some time to let the bids come down but at the very least will give you an idea of the cost

I recently had a move (active duty) and shipped a vehicle from CT to WA. It was my second time using Uship. The first was a 85 Jeep CJ7 from WI to VA that ended up being $700 which was an amazing deal but the fellow who picked it up was from VA and had family in WI and found other loads there and back. The most recent one was a 73 Corvette and coast to coast was $2000 through a broker on Uship. Broker bid and outsourced to 3rd party still a decent price given the distance. Uship takes some time to let the bids come down but at the very least will give you an idea of the cost

Looking at the site, it looks like you can let them broker it out or put it up for bid yourself. Did you compare costs? Did you have any damage or other issues?

I had no issues with damages and both times they were open trailers.

This time of year most cars are being shipped TO Florida so you might get a good deal as shippers dont want an empty truck going back north

I did a Taurus from Detroit to West Coast. $800. Flat bed picked it up, transferred to bulk carrier then delivered on flat bed.

Thank you for the ideas folks. Now I’ve got to decide whether it’s worth It and if I want to take this on as a winter project. The car hasn’t been running in 2 years, been sitting outside in Florida. 2002 XJ8.

Back
Top Bottom