Some Jaguars are a pain...

ls99

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I've been looking for a replacement for my 1988 Jag with 210,000 plus miles. It srill runs great has plenty of power but the PA highway crew's salting in winter has done a good job.

Looking through Craigslist found this, but not a good candidate given the description:

CAR IS VERY CLEAN ,INSIDE AND OUT ,RUNS GREAT,,GARAGE KEPT,,,THE PRIC IS FAIR I THINK........CALL IF YOU WANT IT!! ........... CARL

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3k43m03l45O25P45X1a79f7d173fe29051e2b.jpg
3k73m13o65W45P45X0a79d81fc4d602b01fab.jpg

Besides that model year (1991) has "Attack" seat belts. (automatic)

My mom has a '03 Jag with about 3000 miles on it - not for sale though;) Just curious, why so set on a Jag? Nice cars, but there are better ones out there in the used car market IMHO. Not only the obvious ones like Hondas, but many well made American cars.

Some of the older Jaguars have (I think) the most beautiful body styles ever made. Maybe not the one in the photo. Anyway, I used to yearn for a Jaguar, before I could afford one. Now, they don't do that much for me. Pretty, but then I don't have to own everything pretty that I see.

My mom has a '03 Jag with about 3000 miles on it - not for sale though;) Just curious, why so set on a Jag? Nice cars, but there are better ones out there in the used car market IMHO. Not only the obvious ones like Hondas, but many well made American cars.

I like the 1994 through 1997 6 cylinder models. The only family sedan that I've ever driven that handles like a sports car, without the harshness. Smooooth and comfortable. And prices for those models/years are relatively cheap, due to dismal reputation. I just stay way from the 12 and the later 8 cylinder models. I as most owners of those years like to further that bad image, impression, which is not really true.

I have a very good working knowledge of them. If I did not, would not have them, would have to buy the mechanic, mucho Drachma. DW has a 2004 Buick Lesabre, I drive it occasionally, don't much care for the way it rides, or the seat geometry. She loves it.

PS: DW is dragging me off to the hot tub, 'night all.

Last edited:
My SO had a jag when we meet .That car spent more time in the hospital( car ) than I did and I'm an RN.

Back
Top Bottom