Sprint drops customers who complain about their service

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Sprint dumping 1,000 customers

Apparently sending everyone through voice menu hell isnt satisfactory anymore. Now if you complain about receiving lousy service from a company, you can be fired as a customer.

One of these days, someone is going to figure out that by spending a little more on customer service, you get to spend a lot less on marketing.

But then again, a lot of companies are run by marketing guys who arent going to grok that.

I love how they nicely agreed to not charge an early termination fee.

From a shareholders point of view, I think its a smart move by Sprint. Some people are really just PITA's and cannot be pleased no matter what you do. Sprint has identified those people and is wisely dumping them and forcing them to take their problems to another firm. Not only do they rid themselves of a problem, they hurt the competition. Good for them.

... you can be fired as a customer.

One company sent my company a letter firing us because our projects were too small. I walked to a more convenient competitor and was assured they would be happy to have our business; and I am soooo much better off with them. Then, guess what? the dot com bubble burst and the first company vanished.

I never had a problem with Sprint but decided to use less expensive phone cards for long distance instead of trying to figure out their monthly bill.

So is this how you can get out of your cell phone contract? Just complain and complain (hey the call is free!)?

I love how they nicely agreed to not charge an early termination fee.

So is this how you can get out of your cell phone contract? Just complain and complain (hey the call is free!)?

Interesting possible unintended consequence -- there are probably at least 1,000 current customers who would like to get out of their contract and who have read this story. Maybe they'll be burning up the phone lines.

Complaint: "Hey, I've complained as much as the next guy -- how come you haven't fired me?"

I suppose its always good to try to find the silver lining...but when I was in charge of customer service departments we tried to find the biggest complainers to help them identify where we really needed to improve.

While there are unconstructive whiner customers in every business, there are also far fewer people who bother to complain anymore.

Businesses that complain about things turning into a totally price oriented marketplace with razor thin profits have no one but themselves to blame when they work harder and harder to isolate their customers and get rid of the ones who demand better service.

Back
Top Bottom