Stimulus Payment Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonresident aliens (which she was when they filed their 2018 return) do not qualify for the payment. They should file their 2019 return ASAP if she wants to get her payment in advance. Otherwise she'll get it on their 2020 tax return next year.

Thanks. I sent him a link to an article at Kiplingers that said that same thing.

I just got off the phone with him. He put the baby down for a nap and got right on his taxes. He called me for a few questions and got it submitted.

So cathy63, you helped me out a while back with screen scraping code and I vaguely remember you were a web designer. Are you as CPA as a side gig? :)

OMG! They are even stupider than I thought! How can that be?

Hard to believe! Congress is normally so smart. :uglystupid:

We qualify with no earned income and an AGI right around the point where the subsidies start diminishing. We don't need it. It makes no sense to give it to us. So we'll redirect it to where it is needed.

So cathy63, you helped me out a while back with screen scraping code and I vaguely remember you were a web designer. Are you as CPA as a side gig? :)

No, not a CPA. I worked in Systems and Software Engineering and Management on lots of types of software projects. Since retiring I do taxes for friends and family and as a volunteer. Right now, I have more time than usual to dive into the tax code and try to figure out things like this stimulus bill, so at least my brain is getting a workout. :)

We won't be getting any of the stimulus package, and I am ok with that. It should go to those that actually need it.

It would be better if more people had it and spent it.

Having $20 million in your local town to be spent is better than having $5 or $10 million being spent in your local economy.

People like you who least need it could bolster the economy the most by spending it locally on restaurants, local theater shows, art, local construction jobs, etc.

Those who need it most will likely spend it paying a car payment which goes to a large bank.

People paying their local landlords is probably a good thing however. Or if it pays a mortgage, it's probably good to keep the housing market from crashing due to sudden foreclosures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom