Stress 'is top cause of workplace sickness'

Stress leave sounds just perfect. Although I'm not stressed, I'm pretty sure I can fake it.

As the same wise person pointed out, the sick leave we have is part of our benefit package and is no different from vacation time, so why not use it.

So why do I feel that this is cheating the system?

Duh, well because you will be. It's because of people like you that are causing some of the problems with employment in the world. Sheeeesh!

Yeah, you have a right to it.

Duh, well because you will be. It's because of people like you that are causing some of the problems with employment in the world. Sheeeesh!

Yeah, you have a right to it.

There have been times when I should have stayed home but chose instead to come to work (e.g. took only 4 days off post-hysterectomy instead of 6 weeks). My choice, I know. I could have used it all up if I had elected to do so, but I didn't.

It's a benefit I'm entitled to and is covered by the company's insurance.

But, that said, I may just take the pay-out. These guys have been good to me and I don't want to do anything underhanded (unless they p*ss me off).

It's a benefit I'm entitled to and is covered by the company's insurance.

I have a lot of insurance also, Health, Auto, Home etc.. But I don't try to justify using it with phony claims.

I have a lot of insurance also, Health, Auto, Home etc.. But I don't try to justify using it with phony claims.

Yeah - you're right.

I know it deep down in my gut. If I don't do the right thing, I'm sure karma will get me.

The pay-out will feel much better in the long run.

On the other hand, a lot of people will quit their jobs and claim a year or more of unemployment insurance before retirement, even though they have no intention of looking for job or returning to work. That's one type of insurance that some people don't seem to have any compunction in using, it seems.

This conversation is stressing me out. Maybe I need to go on sick leave. ;)

Stress does affect the immune system. It may also affect cancer progression.

I've wondered about whether this impacted the progression of some of my cancers. (Cancer-free now, thank God). And last night, my husband mentioned the death of Steve Jobs. I asked about his age--identical to mine. Reality check!

Back
Top Bottom