Stupefyingly boring travel slideshow(s) Part V

Some funny photos and wording there.

The last few were a shock, what happened ? Did you have trip insurance of some kind ?

We were away for 2 wks down south, so missed/forgot if you mentioned it in some other posting.

As always! Quite a GREAT sense of humor, I get it. We’d be good travel buddy’s. Hospital why?......

The last few were a shock, what happened ? Did you have trip insurance of some kind ?

http://www.early-retirement.org/for...today-2018-version-90060-103.html#post2129043

Posts 2049/2050/2052/2059/2074/2084 and perhaps a couple others.

We had to pay the hospital bill up front, around $5,700+ Canadian for superb treatment.....currently compiling data for the insurer, and Visa travel interruption for the missed part of the cruise and the flight back to Canada. With luck we'll get (almost) totally reimbursed.

And......it's yet another story! :LOL:

Great slide show.

Not the topless photo I was hoping for at the end....

:LOL:

Perpignan seems to be a quiet town despite the population. The Medieval Festival did not appear to be well attended.

I am thinking about my next trip, and may pass through Perpignan on the way west to the Basques country.

Perpignan seems to be a quiet town despite the population. The Medieval Festival did not appear to be well attended.

I am thinking about my next trip, and may pass through Perpignan on the way west to the Basques country.

We enjoyed Perpignan....spent 10 days based out of there this trip, interspersed with side trips on the €1 buses. Interestingly there is more evidence of Catalan heritages in the region east of the Spanish border, (and, we're told, less interest in separation), than we've encountered in Spain.

We'd go back, but time is diminishing and there are many other places to visit.

Nemo2 I enjoyed your photos and captions. Thanks!

What about the weather? This site seems to say it can be cool in October or were you there in Sept? Site: https://weatherspark.com/y/46070/Average-Weather-in-Toulouse-France-Year-Round Your pics seem to show low angled sun conditions but several days perhaps of shirtsleeve weather.

For us the weather is important because DW has a mild health condition and too susceptible should the weather be cool-cold (like the UK in May). We've recently been doing European traveling in September with good results.

What about the weather? This site seems to say it can be cool in October or were you there in Sept?

We arrived in Toulouse on September 26, and left Perpignan for Barcelona on October 17.

Villefranche-de-Conflent is, I believe, about 1,440 ft above sea level. Cerete, I think, is less but both are in the foothills of the Pyrénées and are likely subject to whatever influence close proximity to higher elevations exerts.

That said, we didn't wear anything more than light jackets, (hey, with one carry on bag each we didn't bring anything heavier), and then only temporarily.

It was quite enjoyable....then again maybe we were just lucky. ;)

You are hilarious and I loved the pics. So sorry to hear about the detour in the Malaga hospital...uhh, but the pretty nurses made up for it?

Your comment about hippos versus you and your bride was spot on....I see it a lot, too.

In any case, thank you for sharing and I hope your next adventure isn't as adventurous in the healthcare domain.

You photographed a boat labelled Vancouver and did not disturb them?

Great pictorial show with humour. The Pyrenees area is on our bucket list. We have friends with a farm to the north in France.

When you had your bout in the hospital, we were in San Miguel de Allende and not spending time on the internet so missed it. Glad it turned out well.

You photographed a boat labelled Vancouver and did not disturb them?

Great pictorial show with humour. The Pyrenees area is on our bucket list. We have friends with a farm to the north in France.

When you had your bout in the hospital, we were in San Miguel de Allende and not spending time on the internet so missed it. Glad it turned out well.

Actually we did chat for a moment, (but if I acknowledged that I couldn't use the "Barge in" allusion :LOL: ); they are from Vancouver, and bought the barge in Holland to cruise the canals.

We enjoyed the Perpignan area, (we like, perhaps prefer, smaller centres where 'average' people live, as opposed to bustling cities), and the €1 bus is a 'deal'.

Last edited:
I'll tell you how to avoid the hospital next time..quit trying to belt out a high C in the opera hotel...leave that to the professionals. Besides, you'd avoid the humiliation of getting kicked out. Of course that story, if my theory is correct, led to the hospital/missed the boat story, so you came home a rich man. Well, in stories. We'll see if the insurance makes you whole, but that's only money.

My oldest grandson in studying for 5 months in Marseilles. So naturally I have a renewed interest in the area (although I have been to Bordeaux and Barcelona on separate trips).

Enjoyed it as usual. Wow, sorry to hear about your medical adventure. Glad everything turned out okay.

Back
Top Bottom