Suspending ATT Internet Service must be 2 months minimum?

Disappointed

Recycles dryer sheets
We are going away for a month and would like to save $60 as no one will be home. Tried to suspend the internet service and found that you must suspend a minimum of 60 days, can't do it for just 30 days :(

That's about what I pay. Comcast in FL, Mediacom in MD. Pretty much standard high speed(ish) cable internet rates in my experience.

Maybe you could suspend for 60 days, then call and change your mind when you get back after 30 days. But they charge you ($10?) during the suspended time, so it's not going to be a huge savings either way.

Or, could you cancel the current service and start up with another provider on your return? Not sure it's worth $60 of hassle.

omni

Or, could you cancel the current service and start up with another provider on your return?

+1

Switching to another provider will almost certainly lower your bill, as they'll be offering their best "new customer" deal with much lower monthly costs for the first 12 months or so.

OTOH, I keep my Internet service active while I'm away for extended trips, since I want my security cameras to continue monitoring for suspicious activities, intruders, etc. and to send me immediate notifications of any such activity. Not possible without continuous Internet connectivity. I do, however, put my TV service on "vacation hold" to save some money if I'll be gone for a month or more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom