Taliban Imposter

travelover

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This blows me away. As I heard a reporter say on NPR, you don't know whether to laugh or cry.

FT.com / Asia-Pacific / Afghanistan - Fake Taliban chief dupes Nato

Revelations that an imposter duped Nato officials into thinking he was a senior Taliban commander have dealt an embarrassing blow to attempts to open talks to end the war in Afghanistan.
The alliance helped fly the man to meetings with the government in Kabul under the assumption he was Mullah Akhtar Mohammad Mansour, one of the highest-ranking members of the insurgency.

After repeatedly fooling Afghan and western officials, the man was discovered to be a fake, though not before he was reportedly paid large sums of money.

This guy wasn't Chance the Gardener (Chauncey Gardiner) by any chance?

So typical, the Taliban doesn't have an army, tank, plane or much of anything else yet we are paying them large sums of money.:mad:
When NATO kills an Afghan civilian by mistake, they pay the family something like $1500-2000, and apparently the families typically think this is fair.

Multiplying that number by the population of Afghanistan, and just giving that amount of money to them without killing anyone, compared to the annual cost of the war, is left as an exercise for the reader...

Taliban Imposter
Whew, what a relief.

When I first glanced at the title of this thread I thought that E-R.org had a new poster who was enamored of the Taliban. I was wondering how the moderators were going to handle this situation...

When NATO kills an Afghan civilian by mistake, they pay the family something like $1500-2000, and apparently the families typically think this is fair.

Multiplying that number by the population of Afghanistan, and just giving that amount of money to them without killing anyone, compared to the annual cost of the war, is left as an exercise for the reader...

Some how I know that they didn't pay the so called Taliban leader $1500 to $2000 to negotiate for peace. No doubt thousands of times that #.

Back
Top Bottom