Tattoo Removal Opportunities !

I have a tattoo on each forearm - got them when I was 14, thought they were great for six months, have hated them for 61+ years.

And have long since stopped making unsolicited comments to young people about "Being sorry down the road....."

What truly amazes me though is seeing guys 50+ with relatively recent 'sleeves'......what were they thinking? (Rhetorical question.)

As least I can say I was "Young & stupid", but what defense can a 50 year old offer?

When I was growing up, it seemed like the people with tattoos were typically old farts and the tattoos were often faded, smeared, or saggy. I think that's why I never felt the urge to get one.

There might also be a potential business opportunity in used tattoos. They’re so expensive that there must be a market for previously owned tattoos, where the recipients could offer their unblemished lower back skin, for example, for a colorful dragon climbing up the donor’s derriere?

Any people I have known with tats have told me they wished they would have never gotten them and regretted getting them. Keep in mind this is mostly people in the 50-60-70 age group. I can't imagine anyone in their right mind will be proud of a tat that has faded and looks like crap in twenty years but I may be wrong.
I guess I can understand that. Just considering that there are a lot of people out there who have tattoos that you don't even know about, not everyone regrets it simply because they're not reminded of them every day or they're not visible to the entire world. Like anything else, people get them for a reason, and while I'd probably agree that most folks with arm sleeves may well regret that decision in their 60s and 70s, there's probably more people with ink in less visible places who will never regret it, or maybe never even think about it.

The business opportunity is in coming up with an ink that can be "erased". You'd patent the ink and patent the erasing processor so everyone would have to license your erasing equipment.

I think tattoo removal would be a good franchise business model. With the proper licensing, (no MD required?), I think it would do well. Most people seem to go to the doctor for removals and a place that does removals as a walk in makes sense. Walk in to get a tattoo and walk in to get one removed. I guess with the difficult ones an MD would still have to do plastic surgery or whatever they do. A franchise would cut into their business.

I think another good business is with hearing aids. Baby Boomers are losing their hearing with age. Younger people with the ear pods are in line for earlier hearing loss at earlier ages. A large section of the population will have to do something about their hearing in the future.

Back
Top Bottom