Tax Software, changing to a different brand - export data ?

This could go in the Black Friday thread too but it seems like this is the new game. Instead of luring you to the store the day after Thanksgiving, they are putting up short term deals. I guess to keep you on your toes. Should be some site or app that will alert you when a deal comes up. Seems to really be a time when you have to know what you want and what is a good deal because you’re going to have to find it and jump quickly. I’ll be looking for TT. Wish me luck.

slickdeals.net you can set alerts for what you want and they notify you right away. Real bargain hunters on that site.

Kudos to Wahoo for bringing this to our attention before it expired. I thought when I saw it "it's too good to be true", but when it came up, I "banged the bid" as my dear old dad used to say.

Attribute|H&R Basic|H&R Deluxe Federal|H&R Deluxed Fed & State|Turbo Tax w/State
Base Price no CD|$20|$35|$45|$50 (Amazon)
email offering (Brat)|-|-|$30|-
email offering (bobandsherry)|-|-|$35|-
pre-order (GalaxyBoy)|-|$25|-|-
Walmart 11/19 flash|-|-| $18 |-
Walmart post flash|-|-|$32|-

Last edited:
slickdeals.net you can set alerts for what you want and they notify you right away. Real bargain hunters on that site.
One of my favorite sites, but just to level set.... it doesn't monitor for price drops, depends on users to post a deal. And notification isn't instant for when deal is posted (at least not based on my experience) so deal like this one would have been gone before notification would have been received.

You must be doing something wrong... :)

The price is back up now but I got mine for $18.17:

Item Qty Total
H&R Block Tax Software 2018 Deluxe + State Win (Email Delivery)
$18.17 1 $18.17

Order total: $18.17

I think it was a Flash Sale. I downloaded it and registered it. The next update is January 3, 2019.

Yep, and as others have pointed out above, the sale is over. I was just giving TXP a little grief (see the :) ) for not reading previous posts.

Don't worry... I still have the $20 email... not worried about the extra $2...

Still would have been nice to save it though...

FYI - I know that this is still early release for HR Block. But just loaded up my estimates and it appears that the current release doesn't reflect the 2018 ACA poverty limits. If my information is correct the 400% ACA limit for couple is $65,840. I had my estimate in as $64,250 and had a big surprise seeing a huge tax bill showing due to Premium Tax Credit Repayment.

On my 2017 8962 form, Pt1, line 4 says "16,020" (so 4x would be 64,080). In HR Block 2018 8962, that line also says "16,020" (unexpected). I'd expect it to say "16,240" (so 4x would be 64,960). I would not expect it to say "16,460", (so 4x is 65,840). That will be for our 2019 taxes.

FYI - I know that this is still early release for HR Block. But just loaded up my estimates and it appears that the current release doesn't reflect the 2018 ACA poverty limits. If my information is correct the 400% ACA limit for couple is $65,840. I had my estimate in as $64,250 and had a big surprise seeing a huge tax bill showing due to Premium Tax Credit Repayment.
I would guess that there are a lot of updates still to come. I usually wait until mid-December to update estimates with new software. And even then, I check closely.

I don't itemize this year so I can wait until early January to true up my Q4 estimated tax payments.

I would guess that there are a lot of updates still to come. I usually wait until mid-December to update estimates with new software. And even then, I check closely.

I don't itemize this year so I can wait until early January to true up my Q4 estimated tax payments.
I expect updates, usually minor tweaks or last minute changes. But I would expect that what is known today would be included, the poverty guidelines are already published so not sure why they wouldn't be already included.

On my 2017 8962 form, Pt1, line 4 says "16,020" (so 4x would be 64,080). In HR Block 2018 8962, that line also says "16,020" (unexpected). I'd expect it to say "16,240" (so 4x would be 64,960). I would not expect it to say "16,460", (so 4x is 65,840). That will be for our 2019 taxes.

Hmmm... this is the original source I found, for 2018 guidelines it's $16,460.

https://www.payingforseniorcare.com/longtermcare/federal-poverty-level.html

Just looked and found this source that says it's $16,460, HHS so seems $16,460 is right. What's your source?

https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines

**Update - looks like your $16,240 is old figure (found mention back in this November 2017 publication). HHS site (second source above) shows updated as of January 2018 @ $16,460. So I guess you have a little more legroom in your MAGI this year. Or maybe I'm confused by the above source...

Last edited:
I figure I have the month of December to look for deals. We will not get out 1099's until late January.
I will be using TT Deluxe, as I sold my rental:dance:

It's a one year delay. 2016 FPL (16020) is used on 2017 taxes. 2017 FPL (16240) is used this round.

It's a one year delay. 2016 FPL (16020) is used on 2017 taxes. 2017 FPL (16240) is used this round.

Got it - thanks! Still doesn't explain why HRB didn't update their schedule as the figure has been known over a year.

Back
Top Bottom