TH

Oh come on, I bet you'd look great in a cowboy hat and boots.... :eek:

Come one everybody sing along to the most critically acclaimed song in movies today, "It's hard to be a pimp...."  :p

...what was THAT? Menace to Society meets West Side Story? "Cuz when you're a pimp, your a pimp all the waaaaaaayyy...."  :LOL:

Props to Azanon for taking the initiative and to Cute 'n Fuzzy for responding with grace.

As Homer would say, "Mmmmmmm--manly!"

Laurence said:
Come one everybody sing along to the most critically acclaimed song in movies today, "It's hard to be a pimp...." :p

By far the highlight event of the entire awards program. :) Can't wait to buy the soundtrack!

As far as the rest, lets just say it was more of a tiff than a squabble, and move on?

Sounds great to me! 8)

Thanks for the nice comments guys. :smitten:

It should be fun to append this thread in a couple of months.

Re: Cholesterol

Eagle43 said:
Where'd you get the info that cholesterol doesn't matter. That's at least the second time you've said that. I had a doc tell me the opposite a couple of weeks ago. Started Zetia, just in case.
Cute n' Fuzzy Bunny said:
Actually thats the first time I said it, Nords said it befor in his book report on the folks that actually followed people throughout their lives. One of their takeways was that cholesterol made very little difference in lifespan and health. Seems counterintuitive to me, but I already know half of everything is bull****, and lately it seems like the other half is in danger.

I'm coming to believe that we've all got a clock, and we can change that clock a little bit, and certainly improve our health and how we feel during the course of our lives...but I really dont think popping pills, extreme diets, and magic supplements are going to do you much good in the long run. I think when these things make us feel better, its because we want to feel better.
Hmm, Eagle, what's your doc's relationship with Zetia? "Just in case."

You can go back and read the thread, but essentially an eight-decade study of three groups of mainly WASPs has determined that cholesterol had no bearing on their successful aging. So if you're a WASP born in the 1910-20s in one of those demographics then you might care.

But otherwise I'm not sure that's a good fact when taken out of context.

C-reactive protein might be much more important than cholesterol.

Nah, that'll be debunked in a study in 20 years, right after the article "Broccolli...the silent killer" comes out.

Dont try to fool me with that 'cauliflower' **** either. Its just white broccolli. :p

Nords said:
You can go back and read the thread, but essentially an eight-decade study of three groups of mainly WASPs has determined that cholesterol had no bearing on their successful aging.  So if you're a WASP born in the 1910-20s in one of those demographics then you might care.

But otherwise I'm not sure that's a good fact when taken out of context.

C-reactive protein might be much more important than cholesterol.

"Cholesterol" is a pretty sweeping term. It's the low-density small particles that are proven to be bad stuff. High-density cholesterol is very good stuff. And the old-school total cholesterol counts didn't distinguish.

CRP is just a marker for inflamation, and the inflamation is a side-effect of LDL.

wab said:
"Cholesterol" is a pretty sweeping term.    It's the low-density small particles that are proven to be bad stuff.   High-density cholesterol is very good stuff.    And the old-school total cholesterol counts didn't distinguish.

CRP is just a marker for inflamation, and the inflamation is a side-effect of LDL.

What is this cholesterol stuff? This thread is supposed to be a celebration of the new love between Azanon and CFB.

And yeah, I agree with the guy above, should be fun to revisit this in a few months.

Ha

wab said:

CRP = Conference Room Pilot.

Gawd, I'm starting to mix cholesterol acronyms with work crap :p

Ick. Had a former employee send me an email today complaining about r&r (ranking and rating, the review process) and I spent about 2 minutes thinking "r&r? This guys cranky about rest and relaxation?!?". Then he mentioned 'work weeks' (the company measurement for when things get done...as in "it'll be done in WW42". And the 165 mail messages in his inbox.

I feel behind when I've got 4 in my inbox now. I dont even know what day of the week it is. I thought it was still february up until yesterday.

:p

I dont even know what day of the week it is. I thought it was still february up until yesterday.

:p

Yeah, I'm like that, too. Only I still work. ;)

HaHa said:
What is this cholesterol stuff? This thread is supposed to be a celebration of the new love between Azanon and CFB.

And yeah, I agree with the guy above, should be fun to revisit this in a few months.

Ha
Well, if you love like Azanon and CFB love, your cholesterol will be low. Other things will be high!

I've always had problems with what month it was - no kids and no real seasons in San Diego.  When I try to think of what month it is, my instant thought is usually 3 to 6 months off.  I can still keep the days straight though . . . thanks to the stock market.   

Nords said:
And they pay you too?!?

Don't worry, Nords, there aren't any nuclear reactions in my office.

(or at least, there shouldn't be............)

Here is a recent photo of CFB. Looks like the diet and exercise is paying off.

Attachments

• TooMuch.JPG
    TooMuch.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 48
Now behave or I vill crushhh you vith my boobs!

D-mn, I just finished eating..... :eek: :p

Back
Top Bottom