The Photographers' Corner 2013-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We spent the weekend in Del Mar California (30 minutes north of San Diego). It's a nice upscale beach community and a great place to relax. Here's a video.

A photo from today's hike. In a stream at Matthiessen State Park, Utica, Il. Water a bit murky after recent rain.

Attachments

• math waterfall 2.jpg
    math waterfall 2.jpg
    1,008.6 KB · Views: 36
And a couple from Starved Rock State Park in Utica, Il

Attachments

• starved rock stairs.jpg
    starved rock stairs.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
  • starved rock plank trail.jpg
    starved rock plank trail.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
Got a few pictures of a Golden Eagle at the ranch a few days ago.

Attachments

• PICT0382 (4).jpg
    PICT0382 (4).jpg
    704.7 KB · Views: 68
  • PICT2057 (2).jpg
    PICT2057 (2).jpg
    741.7 KB · Views: 67
^ this photo is close to the orange color of the tree. I made everything else black and white. In Lightroom, I reduced the saturation of all colors (except orange) down to zero. Then I reduced clarity and boosted the overall vibrancy a bit.

For those who like exotic birds or birds in general, we were Free Flight exotic bird sanctuary last weekend in Del Mar California. Parrots often outlive their owners and end up in those places. They try to re-socialize these birds and find people to adopt them. The woman running the place that day was pretty adamant that parrots should not be pets. I know what we went through when our dog passed away, I can just imagine what parrots must feel when their owners pass away after being with them sometimes for decades.

Given the gloom of an Illinois winter, I'm playing with black and white for a while.

Attachments

• george.jpg
    george.jpg
    798.8 KB · Views: 43
  • statue of liberty.jpg
    statue of liberty.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 42
The Photographers' Corner

Waitress couldn’t believe I was creating studio photographs at the table lol.

Adjustments.JPG

Last edited:
the "live" option on my iPhone allowed me to capture this...else, I would have a picture of a rock...

Attachments

• 2019-09-30_08-08-42_658.jpg
    2019-09-30_08-08-42_658.jpg
    549 KB · Views: 68
Kotor Bay, Montenegro. Taken 10/17/19.

Attachments

• DSC00275e.jpg
    DSC00275e.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 55
Ronstar, you create some awesome photos. Are you self taught or have you attended some photography classes?

Keep'em coming!!

Ronstar, you create some awesome photos. Are you self taught or have you attended some photography classes?

Keep'em coming!!

Thanks! I took an entry level photography class and an Adobe Lightroom class at a local junior college about 6 years ago. Also have been taking some online classes and watching plenty of YouTube videos. And got some pointers from my neice’s husband along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom