The Wood Carver

f35phixer

Full time employment: Posting here.

Very Impressive Gentleman (92 Yo)

Now this could be a retirement hobby, which I could never duplicate what he's done, but I have lots of sandpaper !!!

Thanks f35phixer, for sharing that story of an incredible talented man! There are carvers then there is this gentleman, that has taken it to another level.

WOW!

That is some impressive work. We've seen some of your wood carvings Street, not too shabby either.

That made my day! Thanks for posting. That man has incredible talent. Such detail and realism. Much like street's pieces.

Good to see that he is still planning future pieces at 92.

Wow! Not what I expected at all. The detail! I felt a little better when he said he "cheated" with some paper (like for the hinges), and I think he said "tin" for the cab roofs (a little hard to catch some words, and the closed caption is way off on a lot of it).

I appreciated all the green and yellow. I think he said "Still, green and yellow are my favorite colors", might have been "Steel, green, and yellow"? We had a John Deere 4010 on the farm I grew up on, nice that he said that was his favorite. And the removable wheel weights - nice detail!

I will pass this on to few people I know that will like it. Thanks!

-ERD50

Wow, I don't know anyone in their 90s who has the visual acuity and manual dexterity to make such works of art, let alone the patience!

it is very wonderful to see a 92 yo man still being able to make magic out of THINGS (not all wood) ;-)

Found some of Streets carvings, Very nice Street !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom