This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now I'd welcome some of that sultry high 90's weather with lots of sun! In CT we have had nothing but gloom and drenching rain, and no real relief in sight. Being lakefront dwellers, we feel like prisoners and are getting very depressed -- summer is a joke so far. I just don't believe this -- and don't remember a summer even close to this bad in the 11 years we've lived here. Just gimme some warmth and sun so I can swim and go boating with my husband and pooches!!:(

15 degrees C. around here. Foggy, humid and cold when 2 days from summer.

Right now I'd welcome some of that sultry high 90's weather with lots of sun! In CT we have had nothing but gloom and drenching rain, and no real relief in sight. Being lakefront dwellers, we feel like prisoners and are getting very depressed -- summer is a joke so far. I just don't believe this -- and don't remember a summer even close to this bad in the 11 years we've lived here. Just gimme some warmth and sun so I can swim and go boating with my husband and pooches!!:(

Give it a few days. We had the same weather as you until now and now it's mid 80's in the midwest, even some 90's. It should reach you next week :)

Man......all the rain in the country and dry here in the south. None predicted through next week. Already seems like August. Going to be one long hot summer. :blink:

Been cool and rainy in northern ill for a long time. Today the forecast is for high humidity, high winds, heavy rain, hail and possible tornados with a high temp near 90. I cant wait.

Man......all the rain in the country and dry here in the south. None predicted through next week. Already seems like August. Going to be one long hot summer. :blink:
Every day in the extended forecast here is a carbon copy of the 20 days before it: dry, around 100 degrees. And the only time it stays south of 97 is when it's 95 and humid.

We've had so much rain I have to schedule my lawn mowing around the forecasts. Temps have been lower than normal also.

I just sold my lawnmower to my lawn guy, for the staggering price of three free mows. So I guess now I am committed to having my lawn mowed for me.

As for the weather, our usual afternoon rains that can cool down our summer days here have been absent for far too long. It has been dreadfully hot and humid, one degree short of record highs on most days last week. It is really oppressive, though as you might expect, hot weather in the summer is not exactly a surprise in New Orleans.

90F and humid in Ohio; lots of rain this month

Today was a scorcher in AL. Temp 96 and heat index in the 100's. I installed ceiling fans in the family room yesterday. Yeah! I didn't even have to run the a/c today to stay cool!

Edit: It has been so hot that we must have overloaded the power grid because about half the city is now sitting in the dark...

I'm not looking forward to next week at w*rk. It'll be upper 80's to 90 degrees with high humidity. I do manual labor in a non temperature controlled area for 12 hrs :yuk:

I'm not looking forward to next week at w*rk. It'll be upper 80's to 90 degrees with high humidity. I do manual labor in a non temperature controlled area for 12 hrs :yuk:
Would you be allowed to have one of these in your w*rk area?
Water Bottle Spray Fan | Take a break from the heat and stay cool with the Water Bottle Spray Fan! - LatestBuy Australia
I took one to Woodstock in 97 F heat :mad:, full sunshine, no breeze.
I misted my face and neck and arms and just let the breeze blow over me. It was a real lifesaver.
You can find these in dollar stores or general dept stores.

Would you be allowed to have one of these in your w*rk area?
Water Bottle Spray Fan | Take a break from the heat and stay cool with the Water Bottle Spray Fan! - LatestBuy Australia
I took one to Woodstock in 97 F heat :mad:, full sunshine, no breeze.
I misted my face and neck and arms and just let the breeze blow over me. It was a real lifesaver.
You can find these in dollar stores or general dept stores.

Unfortunetly no. We are allowed to have a small floor fan though. Maybe about 30 seconds out of every 15 minutes we're actually able to stand in front of it. I just drink a lot of cold water and try not to pass out.

I think I might have a clue now as to why you are having problems gaining weight, as opposed to me sitting on my [-]butt[/-] comfortable sofa all day and having problems losing. :D

I think I might have a clue now as to why you are having problems gaining weight, as opposed to me sitting on my [-]butt[/-] comfortable sofa all day and having problems losing. :D

Yeah, I think that's part of my problem. Just 1 hour into my shift thursday, my shirt was wet from sweat and it'll be almost 10 degrees warmer next week. I try to drink enough water to replace what I lose in sweat but it's not easy.

It's 10 AM and 88º here, too, on the way to about 102...

We are only 87.4 at 10:20 AM. :tongue: Right now we have 71% humidity, but we have a 20% chance of rain this afternoon so everyone is hoping we might finally get some rain, to cool things down. We have broken records for heat here every day this week.

We are only 87.4 at 10:20 AM. :tongue: AND, we have a 20% chance of rain this afternoon so everyone is hoping we might finally get some rain, to cool things down.
"Rain?" What is this thing called "rain" of which you speak?

Correction: It's now 91, not 88...

[Edit to add: 93º at just after 11 AM...]

Last edited:
"Rain?" What is this thing called "rain" of which you speak?

Correction: It's now 91, not 88...

Ugh, that's HOT. We are now 87.7 - - amazing increase for 5-10 minutes. Rain? I am not quite sure of what that is any more. I hear they are having a lot of that stuff up in the northeast lately, though.

79 degrees. Quit nice, once in a while a cool breeze comes off the lake to bring it down a bit. :) Irises and Peonies are finally in bloom.

Attachments

• 419.jpg
    419.jpg
    560.7 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom