This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
sFi_fire.gif
It's hot...104 earlier. Cool front should be here by Monday...the high should only be 90.

I can't wait.....:rolleyes:

sFi_fire.gif
It's hot...104 earlier. Cool front should be here by Monday...the high should only be 90.

It is frigging hot. I can't remember the last rain we got. Only a 20% chance tomorrow and none forecast for next week. Someday when I'm not looking after old folks(I'm not complaining), I'm headed up north for a portion of the summer. Martha's weather looks pretty darn good right now.:cool:

Yes, it is pretty good right now. Sunny and 75 degrees. Just went out and picked a peony bouquet.

It is frigging hot. I can't remember the last rain we got. Only a 20% chance tomorrow and none forecast for next week.
Must be our fault. We've had three huge downpours this week, and we're not even supposed to see rain on this side of Oahu from June through October.

104 here today. Humidity or no humidity that is too damn hot to be outside :LOL: 106 tomorrow.. :(

sFi_fire.gif

Same here, they expect the heat wave to end at 8pm Sunday, how do they know? Anyway 86 today, way too hot for me with no A/C, should be 84 tomorrow, then a more reasonable 76 on a retiree's favorite day, Monday.

I must say that we've had some wonderful weekends here in OHIO....each sunny weekend equals MONEY for our bounce house rental business. We've only been rained out ONE day all year!!! This weekend we are netting over 2k! Love it

Nice day but very windy. We just drove across the "high" bridge over St. Louis bay between Minnesota and Wisconsin. A cop car was on the bridge, parked behind a rack with two kayaks on the road lane. Ahead of us was a car with a kayak and it was twitching and lifting, trying its best to leave the car. You could see the white knuckles of the driver as they slowly made there way across the bridge.

After we crossed we had to wait for a firetruck and sheriff's vehicle pulling its search and rescue boat as they went screaming down the highway to somewhere along the lake shore.

Blazing hot for this latitude and time of year - 90F in the shade.
Storm systems will be here off and on all through Thursday. It will be all indoor sports this week! :whistle:
My garden is just loving this weather. Local farmer's corn will be "knee high by 4th of July" with no problem.

Rain! Rain! RAIN!!! It's RAINING at last. :dance::dance::clap::clap:
After all this blazing heat, it started with loud, scary thunder down very low and close just now, at dusk. Now, it's

....................RAINING!!!!!!

Eat your hearts out, Texans! :D Just kidding. Temperature is dropping by leaps and bounds.

Cold front moved through. Can see and feel humidity drop. Suppose to be in 50s tonight. might even need a blanket.

Same here, they expect the heat wave to end at 8pm Sunday, how do they know? Anyway 86 today, way too hot for me with no A/C, should be 84 tomorrow, then a more reasonable 76 on a retiree's favorite day, Monday.
Just thinking about no A/C makes me sweat.

BTW, 92 degrees at 8:41 p.m.

Our clothes washer is refusing to work when we try to wash in cold water because it senses the cold water is too damn hot. It's too smart for its own good. It sent an error code that indicates it thinks the hot and the cold may have been installed in reverse. We have to wash in warm water to get it to accept the water temperature.

The "cold" water from our tap is coming in at 85º. No such thing as taking a refreshing cold shower here for the next 2-3 months, I suspect.

Last edited:
Our clothes washer is refusing to work when we try to wash in cold water because it senses the cold water is too damn hot. It's too smart for its own good. It sent an error code that indicates it thinks the hot and the cold may have been installed in reverse.

The "cold" water from our tap is coming in at 85º.
Think of the money you're saving with all that free solar heating...

Think of the money you're saving with all that free solar heating...

Things must work differently in Texas. All that free solar heating is what costs me an arm and a leg during summertime to keep my place cool.

78 F here right now, and I wouldn't be at the keyboard if it weren't for the damn rain showers keeping me off my bike.

Those who want the rain are welcome to it. I asked the guy at work who writes the schedule to only schedule me for rainy days. He just laughed.

It is raining right now in NYC, after being hot and muggy today. (I'm not sure about that since I was indoors from 8 45 am to 4 45 pm :D )

It has been so rainy this month, an Irishwoman in our building is [-]snarling[/-] saying things like, "I thought I moved to New York, not Cork."

On the plus side, I haven't gotten the a/c out yet!

ta,
mew

Yipee! Rain! Not much, but at least wet stuff is falling from the sky - ooops, make that was falling from the sky. Showers lasted all of about 15-20 minutes, but the temperature dropped from 97 to 80 in a couple of minutes.

It was 95 with a heat index over 100 when I got to w*rk yesterday. Humidity was very high. Because of the heat from the machines, the temp in my work area is even higher. After 10 miutes my shirt was soaked with sweat. After 5 hrs, I literaly thought I was going to die. I was bent over trying to breathe and had a killer heat-induced headache. I don't know how I made it through 12 hrs. Luckily i'm off today and tomorrow. Friday will only be 5 degrees(or less) cooler than yesterday so i'm going to spend more time in the breakroom. I'll take a "note to file" for excessive break time if they really want to give me one.

Makes you want to ER, eh?

Just for you Wahoo, I'll stand outside tomorrow and blow really hard in your direction...maybe I can get that cold front closer to your abode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom