This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently we're the beneficiaries of everyone else's snow misery - high today was low 50's and tomorrow will be near 60, not unheard of but very rare this time of year. A friend from the R/C club and I will be flying airplanes tomorrow, almost certainly the last day until spring that we'll be able to unless the unseasonably warm weather recurs. This time of year one makes the most of any warm days that happen.

Warmest December I can remember in North Texas since we arrived in 1993. It's been teeshirt weather outside, AC inside, but now it looks like the New Year will see plunging temperatures and windchills approaching single digits by Sunday.

Warmest December I can remember in North Texas since we arrived in 1993. It's been teeshirt weather outside, AC inside, but now it looks like the New Year will see plunging temperatures and windchills approaching single digits by Sunday.
Yeah, seeing similar forecasts for Saturday (New Years Day) here in Central Texas. Tomorrow's high is forecast to be 79, followed by a low of 27 with 20 mph winds. That should shock the plants and lawns that have been reacting like it was early Spring for much of December.

We are in the middle of a thunderstorm now here in N Ga. new years eve going out like a Lion.

It is 29 and will top out at maybe 33 today, and drop into the teens for what we hope is the last time this season. I'll run our furnace one more time tonight, and turn it off for hopefully another season.

We have a winter storm warning tomorrow for +6” snow and 35 mph winds. Sounds like fun. I better finish tightening the plow on my atv

Last edited:
We have a winter storm warning tomorrow for +6” snow and 35 mph winds. Sounds like fun. I better finish tightening the plow on my atv[/QUOTE
Yep, won't have to find anything to do for a few days. You know what you will be doing. Lol
Have a fun day watching the snow blow around Ronstar.

We have a winter storm warning tomorrow for +6” snow and 35 mph winds. Sounds like fun. I better finish tightening the plow on my atv[/QUOTE
Yep, won't have to find anything to do for a few days. You know what you will be doing. Lol
Have a fun day watching the snow blow around Ronstar.

Thanks - could be a good day to find a snow covered bison to take photos of.

^ Ohhh yeah! Please share them if you would like! Snowy days are awesome for things like that. I love to get outdoors on those weather days just for the beauty.

I'm going to do that someday. I don't have any special photo gear, but I want to get a few good pictures of some Bison.

Hopefully the last round of snow this morning, just a bit on the ground and now rain/snow mix.

Praying for those in Colorado, wildfires are horrible.

It's already 80F at 11 AM, with a high of 82F predicted for today. This is not that uncommon for New Orleans in December (although it is also not uncommon for the temperature to then drop 30-40 degrees overnight at some point in January!). F has fond memories of swimming in Lake Ponchartrain on Christmas Day, most years back in the 1950's.

So sad to read about the wildfires in Colorado. :(

Has anyone seen the Boulder fires? This is sad. Hundreds of homes destroyed and the winds continue to carry the fires.

https://www-nbcnews-com.cdn.ampproj...es-trigger-evacuations-boulder-area-rcna10475
Our ski trip next week is cancelled. One of the three of us and his wife got out with the clothes they were wearing and the pickup they drove out. Their house was destroyed. He is working with the insurance company. My daughter has offered to have them stay with her and her family. They were getting close to retirement. I dont think he knows what they will do yet.

Our ski trip next week is cancelled. One of the three of us and his wife got out with the clothes they were wearing and the pickup they drove out. Their house was destroyed. He is working with the insurance company. My daughter has offered to have them stay with her and her family. They were getting close to retirement. I dont think he knows what they will do yet.
That is awful. So much destruction in 2021 and ruined lives it is unreal. I feel so blessed in life.

Minus 23 here this morning. A good ice making day for the ice fishing enthusiast.

It's horrifying. So many calamities this year!

An article said 500 homes destroyed, 2 people missing. The cause was suspected to be a downed power line because of high winds, which then fanned the fire.

211230-WIND-WILDFIRE-HV-0102-1024x682.jpg

The week long storm has ended leaving a few feet of snow behind. I included the Weber for scale but it's crown was clobbered by falling snow from the trees. The 4 foot spilt rail in the background gives a good indication of how much fell. 20220101_100527.jpg

Really awful! Life's a Beach, St. Auggie Beach N.E. Fla. on 1-1-22 to be precise. A mere 82*F without a cloud in the sky. Happy New Year all.

Attachments

• 20220101_121930 (Medium).jpg
    20220101_121930 (Medium).jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20220101_122158 (Medium).jpg
    20220101_122158 (Medium).jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220101_122220 (Medium).jpg
    20220101_122220 (Medium).jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
The week long storm has ended leaving a few feet of snow behind. I included the Weber for scale but it's crown was clobbered by falling snow from the trees. The 4 foot spilt rail in the background gives a good indication of how much fell. View attachment 41336

The pictures are changing. Lol Looks like a good day to go sledding.

2 days now of near constant rain. The good news is that it slowed down the amateur pyrotechnics last night. The bad news is that the amateurs WILL shoot off everything eventually, so when the weather breaks, look out!

The other bad news was receiving flash flood warnings on TV and via smart phone every 2 hours last night. Eventually just turned everything off. No serious damage locally as far as I know. Just glad it's rain and not snow. :cool:

Oh, and Happy New year!

Happy New Year! The NHL Winter Classic will be played outdoors tonight in Minneapolis. It's supposed to warm up to -5 by game time.

Eight%20Below%20New%20Year.jpg

(Look at the forecast temperature for overnight tonight.)

Last edited:
83 F right now and just finished washing and waxing the 2005 Mustang convertible. But by 7:00 am tomorrow, it's going to be 32 F. :eek:

I guess Summer is over for a while.:blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom