This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
High 90's for us this week. Muggy too, but I get my golf in during the morning hours. I had one of my better rounds of the year this morning, so I didn't mind the heat. A cool 1 under 71. Celebrated with a cold refreshment. ;)

High 90's for us this week. Muggy too, but I get my golf in during the morning hours. I had one of my better rounds of the year this morning, so I didn't mind the heat. A cool 1 under 71. Celebrated with a cold refreshment. ;)

Did you use the blue rubber putter and the black ball? How did you get through the windmill hole? J/K...........:D

We've got 108º at the moment. "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas."
Just looked at our 10 day forecast and was relieved to see some relief on the horizon. Temps are forecast to drop below 105 next week.

Attachments

• Forecast.jpg
    Forecast.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 5
Those Texas temps are impressive. Phoenix heat but with more humidity. People around here complain when the temp goes above 95 for a few days. Hang in there- it has to cool down at some point.

Noah's flood involved 40 days and 40 nights of rain.

We finally had a day without rain, after 43 days with rain at my house, longer than Noah's flood. Some days it would drizzle or sprinkle, and other days we had torrential rains of 4-5 inches with local flooding. But rain, rain, always rain, every day.

I kind of liked it. We south Louisianians develop webbed feet and thrive in this stuff.

So, now that it didn't rain for a whole day, I guess we will have highs over 95 like the rest of you.... :-\

110 yesterday. At 8:30 this morning, it was already 92 degrees. Pool is like soup, can't use, feel like a lobster in a pot in it. Got chigger bites. Got nailed with a bunch of fire ants on my arm, it's been swelled up for 2 days now. It's so hot outside, it's like it's airless. But I'm doing OK. Really I am. Telly, you're OK, you're OK, man, this will all be over in about October. Maybe me & Telly and me could work for a Welcome to Texas promotion job.

Oh lawd, jes' keep the power on and the A/C workin'

Keep prayin'. ERCOT is setting new power usage records every day and begging people to turn off all non-essential electrical devices between 3 and 7 PM. Please, no 'rolling blackouts'....

Come on, October!!!

110 yesterday. At 8:30 this morning, it was already 92 degrees. Pool is like soup, can't use, feel like a lobster in a pot in it. Got chigger bites. Got nailed with a bunch of fire ants on my arm, it's been swelled up for 2 days now. It's so hot outside, it's like it's airless. But I'm doing OK. Really I am. Telly, you're OK, you're OK, man, this will all be over in about October. Maybe me & Telly and me could work for a Welcome to Texas promotion job.

Sufferin Succotash!

There is a guy at our club that just shot his age. He's 82. And he's on the same med's as me, so there is hope.:)

So are all of you playing from the senior tees or what?
I have three more months to move up at 65. Age for senior tees varies a lot from course to course. You can play in the senior amateur at age 50 in MS.

I would really not care for the high temperatures so many of you are experiencing. Think I'll stay in Oregon where it is 83 right now and should drop down to 60 or a little lower tonight. Just about perfect weather these days. Only time will tell if we experience any 90+ days, but I'm hoping not cause I really like a mid 70's kind of day.

Ahhhh...sigh....

My outside gauge got to 109.9. I have a unit inside of my house. I looked at it a couple of minutes ago and it's blanked out. I guess it doesn't go to 110.

Geezzzz...kind of reminds me of this....

‪Twilight Zone - The Midnight Sun (opening)‬‏ - YouTube
Liked that one.

Have seen most Twilight Zone episodes. TiVo, ya know. I seem to like the older shows because they get the point across without a lot of special effects. Just watch the show for the content. It's more like reading a book.

Hot and dry here . . . hot and dry.

I would really not care for the high temperatures so many of you are experiencing. Think I'll stay in Oregon where it is 83 right now and should drop down to 60 or a little lower tonight. Just about perfect weather these days. Only time will tell if we experience any 90+ days, but I'm hoping not cause I really like a mid 70's kind of day.
I love Oregon....:smitten:

DH has an uncle that lives in a gorgeous home in Grants Pass. The Applegate River runs through his backyard. I wouldn't mind living there....it's so beautiful.

MegaCorp moved us to Texas 17 years ago. For the most part, we like it here...but the summers can be brutal. Hmmmm....we're retired now...so....Oregon...hmmmmm......

Liked that one.

Have seen most Twilight Zone episodes. TiVo, ya know. I seem to like the older shows because they get the point across without a lot of special effects. Just watch the show for the content. It's more like reading a book.

Hot and dry here . . . hot and dry.
Oh yes...I'm sure I've seen every black and white episode. My favorite series of all time. :)

Yes...too hot and too dry here as well.

I love Oregon....:smitten:

yeah yeah

But look at all the thing's Texas has got [Insert REW's "1001 reasons why you would have to be insane to move to Texas" here] and we can pump our own gas out in the hot blistering sun ourselves!

Today's high was 109. Outside temp here at my house @ 11:30 PM is down to 94. Garage is 100 degrees even.

I reset our pool pump timer to have it run in the morning, instead of the afternoon. That was the only tip on the ERCOT (the TX power grid guru) website that I wasn't doing already as a habit. I wonder if everyone did the same, how much load would be shifted out of peak time at about 2 HP per motor per pool. Considering the number of pools, maybe quite a bit.

In summer, ERCOT estimates that 1 Megawatt Hour of electricity will power just 200 TX homes in the summer. In winter, the number is something like 600 homes.

I'm too hot to get heated...and now the news is saying expect rolling blackouts at any moment.

The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) has moved from a power watch to a power warning. This means rolling blackouts are possible.

Last edited:
yeah yeah

But look at all the thing's Texas has got [Insert REW's "1001 reasons why you would have to be insane to move to Texas" here] and we can pump our own gas out in the hot blistering sun ourselves!
Just a little piece o' heaven don't ya know?

I don't have a pool, but I do have a pond. I pitched an ice cube in it today and it melted under one minute.

I'm too hot to get heated...and now the news is saying expect rolling blackouts at any moment.
I sure hope you have a generator to keep yer puter goin'....

Attachments

• 19394gerbil_wheellg[1].jpg
    19394gerbil_wheellg[1].jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 143
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom