Those Crazy Changing Flight Prices!!

my initial screen shows a drop down to select Economy/Premium Economy/Business & First

I agree it would be nice to be able to set a default to whichever level you typically fly. After I accidently booked Mrs Scrapr in 1st for a long flight I am afraid I am stuck now :facepalm:

Yes I know, and right now their Economy selection =Basic Economy which is not what I want. I want regular economy, like what they used to show before basic was even an option.

Our friend told us about WOW airlines. They are based out of Iceland. They fly to/from several major US cities and to/from Iceland and Europe. We booked round-trip business class for two from San Francisco to Paris for $2,550. They show you the other seating options side by side so you can compare pricing.

If you are near a major US city you can get fantastic deals on flights because there is so much competition. I often see incredible domestic flight prices from San Antonio and Austin. Unfortunately they are 5 and 6 hour drives away, so not an option for us.

Only one carry on that must fit under seat, not allowed to use overhead storage. Can’t pick seats - they are assigned at the last minute. Can’t upgrade to economy plus. Last to board - I guess that’s when they also make sure you meet the carryon restrictions. No accrual of reward miles.

It was targeted toward the infrequent fliers who are going for cheapest fares and use budget airlines, and don’t care about reward miles/customer status, but it’s made things a real pain for the rest of us. The price difference is usually $20-40.

Actually I'm seen some Delta flights where the difference was quite a bit more then 20-40 bucks, there doesn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason to basic economy pricing. I've noticed in the MSP area where Sun Country is stiff competition for Delta in the leisure market that Delta will throw in a lowball price for BE that put them level or below SC and really do a big mark-up from BE to RE, IMO it's a bait and switch to drive travel from places like Google flights and Expedia..really ticks me off.

I find good last minute deals regularly to/from LAX. $49 DEN->LAX 1 way non-stop (United) on 5 day notice, so I grabbed it, then set up an Amtrak LAX->DEN ride (leaving in 3 hours). Last year got a similar last minute LAX->Buffalo trip for $90, then Amtrak'ed back.

So much for my cheap flight. The big freight train derailment turned this into a round trip train/bus from LA to Merced, as I could not make the CA Zephyr connection.

Back
Top Bottom