Time To Filler Up For My Inktank Printer

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I have one of those Epson InkTank printers.

Finally, after about 2 years I now have to add more ink.

Nice to not have to refill so often but I have mixed feelings because just recently had to [-]waste ink and[/-] run another power clean cycle.

No such thing as a free lunch :blush:.

I have done one power clean and I did not think it used too much ink...

The concern I have is the pad or sponge that might be hard to replace...

I haven't needed yet to replace the maintenance box for that sponge. I do have a new one on hand when the time comes.

The most recently cleaning, I had to run a regular clean I think 3 times then a power clean. That finally cleared up the most recent clog.

Haven't filled up the ink yet. That's my project over the next day or two.

Ink level does need a fill up :).

Attachments

• IMG_0090.JPG
    IMG_0090.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 17
I just finished filling up the inktank of my printer.

I confess, found it quite satisfying watching and listening to the bottle gurgling sounds as the ink filled up.

This should last me a couple more years :cool:.

I just finished filling up the inktank of my printer.

I confess, found it quite satisfying watching and listening to the bottle gurgling sounds as the ink filled up.

This should last me a couple more years :cool:.

Yea, when I bought mine I got 2 bottles of each color... and as you know the black is bigger...

My 3 extra color bottles are not open yet... had to open the extra black to fill it up prior to the power clean...

I have had mine for 2 years also...Just checked... the color tanks are more than half full and black is 3/4full..

I might never need to buy ink again...

Is there a msg when the sponge need replacement?

Yea, when I bought mine I got 2 bottles of each color... and as you know the black is bigger...

My 3 extra color bottles are not open yet... had to open the extra black to fill it up prior to the power clean...

I have had mine for 2 years also...Just checked... the color tanks are more than half full and black is 3/4full..

I might never need to buy ink again...

Is there a msg when the sponge need replacement?

That's a good deal. I only got one bottle of each that came with the printer. Filling up was easier than I thought. Pretty much just fill the tank colors with the fitted bottles, then using the maintenance menu on the tiny lcd screen, navigate to set that I made a fill up for each color.

I wasn't sure at first if an ink recharge is needed after a refill but it's not.

I didn't get a msg about replacing the sponge. I've seen them before but wasn't to the point that I couldn't get out of the message and keep printing. Using the LCD on my model printer, I can navigate to a screen to check the maintenance box. I just did that and shows more than 1/2 to go.

Back
Top Bottom