Tis the season. Worst Christmas song?

when I was practicing dentist, we had the radio on all day, and I would dread having to listen to Christmas songs all day. There was a time when they would sprinkle a few in now and then until about 10 days prior to Christmas, and after that it would be constant, but it seems to me that starting about 15 years ago it would be 100% Christmas songs starting the day after Thanksgiving. My staff learned which were my absolute least favorites, with this lovely Barbara Streisand version of Jingle Bells the all-time winner. They would laugh hysterically when it came on...feel free to scan forward to the 1:34 mark or so to enjoy Ms. Streisand scat singing her version of Jingle Bells.....(I feel just like the raccoon in the Geico commercial, "oh, this is terrible...taste it")

I wish someone would bring them some figgy pudding already.

I like most of the songs mentioned. I love "Little Drummer Boy" although I don't care for the Bing Crosby/David Bowie version. The one I don't care for is "Silent Night" as I find it very boring rather than soothing.

And I've been an atheist for 45 years but I like Christmas music.

Me too. I tire of "Here comes Santa Claus because we play it at our Christmas concerts every year.

Back
Top Bottom