Poll: The annual "horrible Christmas carol" poll

All time worst holiday Song

• Grandma got run over by a reindeer? really? elder abuse

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • The Chipmunks Christmas song.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Santa Baby, lol, doesn't he have a wife!!

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • I want a hippopotamus for Christmas

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Other...

Votes: 28 36.4%

• Total voters
Hands down Feliz Navidad.
The pictorial version:
s15dso.jpg

Great harmonies, but it is not one of my favorites: "Little Saint Nick" by the Beach Boys.

No one mentioned the jingle bell version with barking dogs?

sweet lord I forgot about that. I read a while ago that the troops were blasting this over loud speakers in Iraq just to annoy the Taliban.

lol, I thought that was cruel and unusual punishment.

I used to program in a Christmas music radio station in my car because I generally like Christmas music in December. It seems most of them overplay the "cutesy" songs like "Santa Baby" and "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree", and I can't stand those. I've given up and I just put the Christmas music I like on my stub USB drive in my car and only play that. I've got enough old Christmas CDs that I've ripped to mp3 and downloaded other songs I like to last the month. I have to suffer with whatever stores and restaurants play, but I don't spend that much time in either.

The year “ Grandma got run over....” came out we were visiting my daughter and fam. This song is my least favorite son-in-law’s favorite. He just kept singing and singing....Cannot help but think of the SIL whenever I hear it.

I used to program in a Christmas music radio station in my car because I generally like Christmas music in December. It seems most of them overplay the "cutesy" songs like "Santa Baby" and "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree", and I can't stand those.

Don't dis Brenda Lee!! And I like barking Jingle Bells. It's at a level of absurdity that appeals to me.

I was standing in line at Macy's today and that horrid song played twice - 2 different versions.

On a humorous note, the non-stop Christmas music inside one of the other stores included, of all things, Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah." About the darkest, most un-holiday-ish song one could select.

I would agree. There is however a version written and performed by a Christian group called Cloverton that is really good. See the link below...

https://youtu.be/wbdG-62PE3I

The year “ Grandma got run over....” came out we were visiting my daughter and fam. This song is my least favorite son-in-law’s favorite. He just kept singing and singing....Cannot help but think of the SIL whenever I hear it.

I didn't hear the song for the first time until 1984, which was when Epic Records re-released it. Only recently, after some research, did I learn the song had been out a few years. The first few times, when I paid close attention to its lyrics, I found it cute. After that, I got tired of it along with all the other lousy, overplayed songs.

That song is AWFUL! (imo) Had it been in the poll I would've picked it instead.

I'd put Bobby Helms' "Jingle Bell Rock" on the list just because it's so massively overplayed, but I don't hear Brenda's song nearly as much. Then again, though, I seldom listen to mainstream music stations on the radio.

I'd put Bobby Helms' "Jingle Bell Rock" on the list just because it's so massively overplayed, but I don't hear Brenda's song nearly as much. Then again, though, I seldom listen to mainstream music stations on the radio.

I'm with you on Jingle Bell Rock. It's almost a reflex reaction to change the station when that comes on.

Don’t recall seeing these three listed. Can’t single it down to one. They are equally strange/awful.

Lou Monte - Dominic the Christmas Donkey (huh?)

Gene Autry - Santas Comin in a Whirlybird (wuh?)

Andy Williams- It’s the Holiday Season (whoop de doo and dickery dock and don’t forget to hang up your sock? Ugh)

I haven't read all the posts in this thread so I don't know if this song has been mentioned, but listening to the radio this morning I heard a Christmas song I never heard before. It would definitely as one of the worst I have ever heard. I am not sure what the title is but it is is an I am Santa Claus parody to the Iron Man song. If you haven't heard it you can find it on YouTube.

Here it is, with video. Hilarious! One of the funniest novelty Christmas songs I've heard recently.

I haven't read all the posts in this thread so I don't know if this song has been mentioned, but listening to the radio this morning I heard a Christmas song I never heard before. It would definitely as one of the worst I have ever heard. I am not sure what the title is but it is is an I am Santa Claus parody to the Iron Man song. If you haven't heard it you can find it on YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom