Trying to scale back...a little at a time

I guess the cheaper price might hit the value proposition - but at that point its kind of like buying clothes. Do you really need/want it, or are you being seduced because "its a great deal".

I had it for while with a new car. It was awesome for the long drives, but superfluous the rest of the time.

Never had XM, so don't know what I'm missing. I would love to scale my cable fees back. I could easily get by on the 10 channel or so package for $15/mo. But the darn golf channel has me hooked.

Never had XM, so don't know what I'm missing. I would love to scale my cable fees back. I could easily get by on the 10 channel or so package for $15/mo. But the darn golf channel has me hooked.

+1

For me, it's the Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs and Sox. (The Bears are on OTA TV except for the Monday night game.) Most everything we watch on cable has an OTA equivalent except sports.

I can afford my cable bill, it just bugs me to pay it.

My cable and internet bill is an example of expense creep. It got above $125 last month so I axed HBO and saved $20/month. I looked into going to basic cable to save another $30/month, but I had to give up BBC America and Fox Soccer Channel so I didn't do it.

We got rid of HBO to save due to the increase in the bill over time. I haven't really missed it.

I looked into going to basic cable to save another $30/month, but I had to give up BBC America and Fox Soccer Channel so I didn't do it.

:LOL: A man after my own heart. My son and I watch hours of footy every week. We have U-verse, and about a year ago the soccer channel was moved from tier 3 to tier 2, so we immediately switched to save the money.

Thanks for the input. As of 5pm today, XM stopped transmission (on my way home from work). I'm now bound for NPR and other free radio, like the old lean days before the "creep" started. They (XM-Sirius) called me no less than three times a day for weeks.

Back
Top Bottom