TurboTax Max Discount Watch

I think it's hilarious that members here, many of whom are multi-millionaires, go semi-nuts trying to save a few pennies on a software package that is cheap anyway.

It is one of the cherished rituals of the holiday season. Makes me all warm and fuzzy and whatnot.

Thanks. I think Amazon moves in response to Costco, or vice versa. Prices match almost to the penny but Amazon is more valuable to me as I can use a $10 Amazon gift card, I don't have any use for a $10 Intuit credit.
+1

You can set up an intuit account after the download but best to do it before you actually install it.

So how much info do i have to give them for this intuit account. I have not ever had one and deeply resent starting one.

I don't have any accounts that would allow me to download to it anyway so far as I know but I do recall it was discussed as being mandatory now.

Last edited:
DING DING DING!!!! Today's the Day!

Courtesy of Mike1968 from the Fidelity Turbotax thread who saw it happen when the clock struck 12 this morning. BTW, finding these requires you to search Turbotax then click "Today's Deals" then scroll down. It wasn't in your face like last year.

Effective price is $10 less than quoted below as long as you have use for a future Amazon purchase via the $10 gift card.

TT Deluxe (No State) W/ $10 Gift Card $36.99
https://www.amazon.com/TurboTax-Del...dp/B0CNBMPZGV?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_D_8115f66a_5

TT Deluxe (W/State) W/ $10 Gift Card $44.99
https://www.amazon.com/TurboTax-Del...dp/B0CNB9RPLR?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_D_8115f66a_3

TT Premier (W/ State) W/ $10 Gift Card $64.99
https://www.amazon.com/TurboTax-Pre...dp/B0CNBLKJ9H?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_D_8115f66a_4

Last edited:
Thanks Joe, that’s the one!

Just bought and already uploaded Premier to my Mac - effectively $54.99 vs $104.99 list. Lovely!

Last edited:
Thanks Joe, that’s the one! Just bought and downloaded Premier, actually a little cheaper than last year!

Sure, Midpack, you are welcome.

I actually got the $5 Fidelity customer thing this year (my first time), but I've been watching this because I made "almost-promises" on this forum that the best deals are right after Christmas. I was hoping my promise would still hold.

Wow, great deal! So 12/27 is the day.

TurboTax Deluxe no state would take care of us. $36.99

Congratulations to those with the patience to wait! You beat my Black Friday price (from Costco) by $1. :dance:

Seriously, this is a hoot, but I’m right there with you - no need to pay more for something than you have to. With a team like this helping you out, it couldn’t be easier.

The Costco price includes a credit for in-product add-ons only from Intuit, right? As opposed to an Amazon gift card which is much more easily used.

Last edited:
I just pulled the trigger on TT Deluxe (disc) plus the $10 Amazon gift card :).

The Costco price includes a credit for in-product add-ons only from Intuit, right? As opposed to an Amazon gift card which is much more easily used.

Correct. However, I use the state e-file, so the $10 in product credit works good for me.

Congratulations to those with the patience to wait! You beat my Black Friday price (from Costco) by $1. :dance:

Seriously, this is a hoot, but I’m right there with you - no need to pay more for something than you have to. With a team like this helping you out, it couldn’t be easier.
Not sure there's any patience involved since none of us can do anything before year end. I won't have all my docs until late Jan at the earliest. :D

Not sure there's any patience involved since none of us can do anything before year end. I won't have all my docs until late Jan at the earliest. :D

Maybe not patience but there’s stress from not knowing that the later deal (this one) will show up. Though by now, I should trust history.

Yeah, we don’t start working on it until the Fidelity brokerage docs are available which is Feb at the earliest.

Just bought and already uploaded Premier to my Mac - effectively $54.99 vs $104.99 list. Lovely!

Thanks for starting the thread I would have forgotten about it.. and for even cheaper than the $62.99 predicted.

I had TT on camelcamelcamel- and great sale price THIS MORNING

Premier or Deluxe?

I've always used Premier because that's the version Fidelity provided for free. They dumped me from "the list" last year. But I still bought Premier from Amazon due to some complicated real estate sales. But for this year, I'm thinking of stepping down to Deluxe for $27 (net). All we have now is a bunch of 1099s and investment stuff that we download from Fidelity. What's the main reason people buy Premier? I just read a bunch of online comparisons and I don't see any tangible differences. Thanks.

I've always used Premier because that's the version Fidelity provided for free. They dumped me from "the list" last year. But I still bought Premier from Amazon due to some complicated real estate sales. But for this year, I'm thinking of stepping down to Deluxe for $27 (net). All we have now is a bunch of 1099s and investment stuff that we download from Fidelity. What's the main reason people buy Premier? I just read a bunch of online comparisons and I don't see any tangible differences. Thanks.
I've gone back and forth between Deluxe and Premier, mostly because the latter handles Roth conversions (and Foreign Tax Credits?) more smoothly among other details.

That said, all desktop versions of TurboTax have ALL the forms, they just don't include ALL of them in the interview process. And TT certainly doesn't want consumers to know that. If you know exactly what forms you need, you could use TT Basic - you just won't get the interview handholding. I've used Deluxe but had to bring up some forms and complete them manually. Not as easy, but entirely doable. I choose Premier because taxes are too important to play around IMO and on sale it's $20 extra vs Deluxe?

Here are all the forms included with TT Basic (surprising huh?). There are bunch of them you'll never see from the interview, but they are all there to open and complete.

Attachments

• WebPage.pdf
    382.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Yay! Thanks Joe!

Amazon made me re-enter the credit card on file to "verify" it which I thought was strange but all good.

Got it !! Thanks to Joe Wras and Midpack and all the rest of you hnchos for tracking this deal.

I even paid for it using my Fidelity 2% Credit Card, thereby saving an additional $0.89.......Hilarious !!

Back
Top Bottom