Twain quote

UnrealizedPotential

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
When you fish for love, bait with your heart, not your brain. -end quote

That is a Mark Twain quote. I know there are many singles as well as married couples on the forum. I was wondering what this quote means to you. If this quote is really true, could it possibly help someone find love? It seems obvious at first, then not so obvious.

Because if if this quote is true, then it seems easy at first glance. But for many love is not so easy. So what does this quote really mean? What does it mean to you? Can you explain it in a way where one can take action that improves their life?

sorry , but i don't bait my hook ( just like my fishing line )

i rarely catch much but i have caught ( snagged ) the rare careless creature

( the upside is i am never overwhelmed by choices )

"When you fish for love, bait with your heart, not your brain"....if you want it to last forever, use both.

i will probably be leaving a widow , she can regret at leisure ( if she made a poor choice ) and move on ., hopefully wiser

It makes perfect sense to me. Scheming and plotting may work short-term, but it's unlikely to get a "good catch" in the long run.

You want to be around people with whom you can "be yourself." That means being honest about who you are - with yourself and with others.

People who are open about themselves, and have a positive attitude are attractive. Lying and scheming leaves you unsatisfied and unhappy with yourself, and that's a real turn-off.

You can use your brain to expose only the parts that are what you think the other wants, but the entire you will emerge eventually and if the difference is too great, chances of success are limited. Be yourself and let the chips fall where they may.

I agree with using your heart to find love but having some close friends doing some Holmes/Watson detective work on your future mate can help paint a bigger picture.

Bear in mind:

1696a_transparency_1000.jpg

i was lucky enough to run onto a woman who knows my heart:

...all through my life my facts have had a substratum of truth, and therefore they were not without value. Any person who is familiar with me knows how to strike my average, and therefore knows how to get at the jewel of any fact of mine and dig it out of its blue-clay matrix. My mother knew that art. When I was seven or eight ...a neighbor said to her, "Do you ever believe anything that that boy says?" My mother said, "He is a well spring of truth, but you can't bring up the whole well with one bucket. I know his average, therefore he never deceives me. I discount him thirty per cent for embroidery, and what is left is perfect and priceless truth, without a flaw in it anywhere."
- Mark Twain's Autobiography

Back
Top Bottom