Uber experience?

I don't know. If a passenger has a bad rating other drivers may not pick you up. Really to get a bad rating you would have to act like a jerk. If a driver has too many bad ratings they lose their jobs.

Anything under a 5 rating is a bad rating. Drivers can be fired if they fall down below a 4.6 rating after a certain number of rides. You should give a 5 rating unless they really do something bad. A 4 is not 'almost a 5', it's failing.

We always give a 5 and have always been given a 5. Our rides have always been great. No complaints at all.

Not sure whether a tip was involved (I doubt it) but this Uber driver got only one star from former University of Texas coach Mack Brown yesterday.

Attachments

• Brown.PNG
    Brown.PNG
    135 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I've only used Uber twice, to get between home and the airport during normal daylight hours. I would be nervous relying on it late at night, because there aren't a lot of drivers in my immediate home area, and those can afford to be picky because they don't need money all that much. The one who came to my house last time was a real estate agent, who was trying out Uber as a way to meet prospective clients.

My driver said the same thing. He doesn't get paid for the distance to your house, only for your ride, so he won't come to your house unless the ride is at least 2-3 times as far. It certainly doesn't work that way with taxi's, but then they cost more than Uber.

Not supposed to happen, but it does sometimes. I don't blame drivers who skirt the rules a bit in this case.

I used Uber once in San Diego. Worked well but when I tipped the driver $3 on a $7 ride, he didn't seem very friendly. Did I blow it or was he just a weird one?

Also, has anyone used Uber in Amsterdam or Munich or Vienna?

I've actually used Uber several times in NOLA. Love it. Go for it! But do expect higher fares on NYE.

Back
Top Bottom