Unusual three wheel motorcycle

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
We saw this on the road so DW snapped a camera-pic. The 3 wheel motorcycles I've see always have 2 wheels in back. Is this common? Don't know much about motorcycles but it would look difficult to maneuver, especially emergency response.

Attachments

• 3 wheel motorcycle.jpg
    3 wheel motorcycle.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 23
Oldsters? :LOL:

They do look like a car with a motorcycle body. Thanks for the link. Looks like they are popular and I need to get out more.

Oldsters? :LOL:

They do look like a car with a motorcycle body. Thanks for the link. Looks like they are popular and I need to get out more.

I am thinking that you must lead a sheltered life :greetings10:

We have seen a number of these... and a good number of commercials... the cost seems to be a bit high IMO...

As 73SS pointed out, not enough doors to hold in the AC.... (or protect me from the idiots that drive around here)......

Made by Bombardier... it's practically the official toy of Quebec. I'd say you see 20 or 30 a day there...

Doesn't look like it would do much good in 6+ inches of snow so it's useless for me.

Doesn't look like it would do much good in 6+ inches of snow so it's useless for me.
Heck, neither does my Mustang GT but then again, I don't drive it in snow :cool: ...

The design is quite unique, since it avoids most rollovers that the old trikes (single wheel on front) had, since you could not tilt the bike to take a turn. That's why they outlawed all off-road trikes and only sell the 4-wheel type.

As an old MC guy who owned/rode many bikes in my younger years, I can see that this current setup would appeal to a certain part of the public.

I've seen one of these a few times on LBJ freeway and definitely more visible than a two wheeler, but still the way cars get rear ended on that road all the time, no thanks.

I have heard they steer more like a car.

I prefer the 4 legged variety of horse verses those iron horses. I might change my tune on that after picking up my horse from the vet tomorrow. He has been there since Monday after we disturbed a rattlesnake while out trail riding. Don't want to even think about that bill!
img_1210407_0_d96a73ba39cd912eb9e746b687c4fd9e.jpg

I am thinking that you must lead a sheltered life :greetings10:

We have seen a number of these... and a good number of commercials... the cost seems to be a bit high IMO...

Well, I did just recently drive 1400 miles and right now I spend ar least 8 hours a week behind the wheel on nearby highways, so it's not like I don't get out. Maybe they are more popular in Texas. I haven't seen any commercial, but then again, we don't watch much TV.

WOW!!!!

I went to the site and chose the most expensive and tricked it our with everything.... including a trailer... suggested price... almost $41,500!!!

WOW!!!!

I went to the site and chose the most expensive and tricked it our with everything.... including a trailer... suggested price... almost $41,500!!!

I wasn't considering one before, but I wouldn't pay that for a car, much less a Spyder.

I saw them down in Florida once and thought I was interested until I found out the going price for them - $16 - $22k... (more with other accessories). The ones I looked at were the Can-Am Spyder Roadster.

I just bought one of these, had a deal on a 2011 never been driven RT-S, it is fun!
It does steer like a 4 wheeler, but so far have taken on the freeway, highway and back roads. Now just trying to find a XXXL or XXXXL helmet for my fat head!

A former co-worker of mine owns one, though I had no idea they were that expensive, seems crazy. Clearly a mid-life crisis purchase, and he looks like an unstable doofus riding it (around corners esp), but it makes him happy and it's his money (and his ex-wife's) - so more power to him.

Never saw one before. Interesting! They are not my cup of tea at all, but I'm sure others may enjoy them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom