US Mint giving away money. sorta.

calmloki

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Per FatWallet: U.S. Mint Online Product Catalog

Buy $250 or $500 in one dollar coins at face value, pay for them with a cash back credit card, shipping is free from the Mint (ok, us). Earn cash back percentage! Amuse people you shop with by paying them with pocket change!

That's a lot of work to get $5 in cash back. Still, if you enjoy the WTF look on cashiers as you slip 'em a Quincy 500 times, go for it!

It is fun to pay people with a $1 gold coin. WTF common here too. Good for tips.

.... and bad for strippers.
I've heard some clubs are becoming heavy users for $2 bills to give out as change to customers. (For example, buy a $4 drink, pay with a $20 and get eight $2s in change, less tip.)

The idea is that with inflation, a dollar just isn't what it used to be, and not many guys will put a $5 there, even if they're a bit buzzed. So apparently we've found a niche purpose for the deuces.

heck no a $5 bill wont be given very often. Around here $5 gets you a heckuva lapdance...if thats what you want to call it...pm for details!lol

Per FatWallet: U.S. Mint Online Product Catalog

Buy $250 or $500 in one dollar coins at face value, pay for them with a cash back credit card, shipping is free from the Mint (ok, us). Earn cash back percentage! Amuse people you shop with by paying them with pocket change!

Ummm, if you just bought the stuff with your cash back card, you'd earn the cash back percentage, right?

So all you get is to carry $500 of heavy coins around? Make sure you atre home for delivery? And you paid for them all on the first CC bill.

Fine if you like the coins, but I don't see the attraction. Don't banks have coins?

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom