USAA SafePilot program

So I downloaded the USAA SafePilot app and went for my first drive. They give you a 14-day grace period before stuff really counts. The app appears to track your use of cell phone and hard braking, nothing else that I can see. I drove 3 legs totaling about 20 miles. I can proudly report that no infractions were assessed. Coincidently, my 6-month auto premium is due on March 1st. Last week when I got the e-bill, it said $828 would be extracted from my checking account. Today I looked at the USAA website and the billing now shows $745 will be the rate. Interesting.

Coincidently, my 6-month auto premium is due on March 1st. Last week when I got the e-bill, it said $828 would be extracted from my checking account. Today I looked at the USAA website and the billing now shows $745 will be the rate. Interesting.

Perfect timing. I started the program about halfway through my six month policy term and had to wait three more months before I saw any discount.

Mine locked in the middle of my road trip at 30%. Fortunately it locked before I put too many miles on in a short amount of time. Currently at 6% since it reset during my roadtrip leading to a very high average daily miles... that will adjust now that I'm home and I expect to hit 30% again by next lock.

My renewal actually went down for the first time in years. Not much ~6% but all categories went down by a few dollars after years of steep increases here in the sunshine state! A nice surprise.

Back
Top Bottom