Waffle: Even easier than Wordle

If the best one can do is 5 stars, then the only thing left is to get there faster.

#waffle71 5/5

����������
��⭐��⭐��
����⭐����
��⭐��⭐��
����������

�� streak: 4
wafflegame.net

If the best one can do is 5 stars, then the only thing left is to get there faster.

#waffle71 5/5

οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½
��⭐��⭐��
����⭐����
��⭐��⭐��
οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½

οΏ½οΏ½ streak: 4
wafflegame.net

I'm bored and will be looking for a bigger challenge with these games. Maybe I'll play more golf instead.

Today I figured out all the words by 13 swaps left; still couldn't do better than 5/5.

#waffle70 5/5

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩⭐🟩⭐🟩
🟩🟩⭐🟩🟩
🟩⭐🟩⭐🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

πŸ”₯ streak: 8
wafflegame.net

But it still would take 10 swaps to complete it, right? You are almost always going to figure out the words along the way, especially that last few - but you still have to make the moves. I got the impression that the program that generates these does it that way, working in reverse and jumbling it in 10 swaps. Though I suppose it is possible, if there were some common letters, to un-do it less than the 10 swaps than it took (I assume mostly randomly).

I've only played twice, I kinda liked it. For me, it's not about the scoring or if it easy/hard - it's just a matter of whether I enjoy the time I take in figuring the puzzle. I like that I don't think I can get completely stuck like in Wordle sometimes, where I'm banging my head to find even a single word that fits (hard mode). These don't take very long, but it still presents a pretty interesting puzzle, especially applying some strategy to try to make sure I don't "waste" a swap.

But I might get bored with it quickly, we'll see.

-ERD50

#waffle72 3/5

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩⭐🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩⭐🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩⭐🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

πŸ”₯ streak: 10
πŸ† #waffleelite
wafflegame.net

So after getting today's with 3 swaps remaining, I went into a private window, and tried again - this time knowing the answers (I kept the other window open).

I was assuming I could make more efficient swaps, but I ended up with the same score!

Since they can all be solved in 10 moves, I might find it challenging to keep trying the same one until I get it in 10. For me, it's all about the journey, not the destination.

OK, just played a 3rd time, and I got 5 swaps remaining (the best you can do, right?). I think the key is to get set up where a swap is solving two positions in one swap.

-ERD50

Last edited:
If the goal is 5 stars, rather than just "solve in 15 swaps," it nearly forces you to figure out all the words before you can be sure of double swaps. Not the easy game it looked at first glance.

That takes more time than I want to spend on a game.

OK, just played a 3rd time, and I got 5 swaps remaining (the best you can do, right?). I think the key is to get set up where a swap is solving two positions in one swap.

-ERD50

If the goal is 5 stars, rather than just "solve in 15 swaps," it nearly forces you to figure out all the words before you can be sure of double swaps. Not the easy game it looked at first glance.

That takes more time than I want to spend on a game.

It's just a game, and of course different people will have different responses to it. But for me, the time is just about right. It doesn't take me too long to decide how I want to move.

But... after "cheating" in the private windows, just to get a better handle on strategy, there doesn't seem to be much difference between just making moves with a little thought, and going in deep analysis mode (like a chess game - planning several moves ahead).

For that reason, I doubt this will hold my interest. But it is kind of fun.

-ERD50

It's a relief to see that you came to the same conclusion. Thought it was just me :blush:

there doesn't seem to be much difference between just making moves with a little thought, and going in deep analysis mode (like a chess game - planning several moves ahead).

-ERD50

#waffle74 3/5

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩⭐🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩⭐🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩⭐🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

πŸ”₯ streak: 12
πŸ† #waffleelite
wafflegame.net

I'm vague on one rule. Can you count on a green letter at any intersection, or can they move around?

#waffle74 4/5

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩⭐🟩⭐🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩⭐🟩⭐🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

πŸ”₯ streak: 10
πŸ† #waffleelite
wafflegame.net

I'm vague on one rule. Can you count on a green letter at any intersection, or can they move around?

Pretty sure that green is green - that letter is the correct one in that square, regardless of where it appears.

I just tried in a Private Window, it didn't allow me to move any green letters, regardless of position.

-ERD50

I struck out today. Failed.

I think some Waffle words are less common than Wordle words. Not surprising, since five words are needed at once, and they have to fit together at the corners!

I struck out today. Failed.

Definitely pays to figure out at least 3 of the 5 words before swapping anything. Now to work on doing that faster.

#waffle75 5/5

����������
��⭐��⭐��
����⭐����
��⭐��⭐��
����������

�� streak: 11
�� #waffleelite
wafflegame.net

Back
Top Bottom