Wall Street Journal Article: America’s Roster of Public Companies Is Shrinki...

Seems like there might be some potential to utilize boats in a similar way since most people buy a boat then use it a couple of times a year. Boatr app which lets you hire a boat from your phone from pretty much any water location.

It would be interesting if they allowed people to rent out their boats for some days... but one of the problems if that someone else is driving.... would you want to rent your car to anybody:confused: I would not...

Most larger lakes already have a marina or some location where you can rent a boat... kinda expensive, but if you are a infrequent user of a boat it is cheaper than owning... my sister has been renting out boats for years... they did own one for at least 20 years before....

Seems like there might be some potential to utilize boats in a similar way since most people buy a boat then use it a couple of times a year. Boatr app which lets you hire a boat from your phone from pretty much any water location.

Operating a boat takes some skill, charter operators vet their customers. When my son was in college we chartered a sailboat out of Bellingham. The agent looked over my motley crew and asked about our experience. I looked at the magazine display rack and saw the current issue of Latitude 38 with my son's picture on the cover as a member of the Cal Maritime sailing club (they had just beat Stanford and Cal in the Bay to Catalina Island sailing race). He looked at the magazine, looked over my son, asked for his school ID and said, "You should be able to handle this boat!" Off we went.

On the other hand "Party Boats" are often rented on the Willamette. It appears that only a credit card and provisions are required.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom