Walmart reviews

badatmath

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I stopped at Walmart a few days ago, got some Dawn dish soap and a couple small items.

Tonight I got an email asking me to "review my purchase". This seems really creepy somehow I guess because I didn't buy them online . . .

I have unsubscribed but I was curious if anyone else was getting this or what you thought of it. Just imagine if every store used my credit card data to send me emails. Is the local grocer going to ask if I liked the apples? Not that they would have my email since I have not ever bought groceries online but still . . .

Last edited:
I would be surprised if in the near future every store where you shop DIDN'T send you emails. The only way to avoid it will be to use cash, and definitely don't have your receipt sent to your email. There is no privacy in the electronic world. Unsubscribing is the only thing you can do (other than paying cash), and even then they are still compiling the data, just not bothering you with it. Sad, but it's the way it is nowadays.

We shop at Walmart and Sam’s regularly and I have never gotten an email from them. I know they have my contact info because we use the Scan and Go, skip the checkout line app. Still no emails.

Harley, I do not have the receipts sent to email (I only take a receipt if a store demands it on the way out or if the purchases is $) but I have bought things online there before so they would have the credit card and email tied most likely.

COcheesehead, I shop there often as well - way too often in fact - this is the first time it has happened.

I will start using cash if this keeps up other places or abandon my email cause that would be a lot of clutter if it was a trend.

I don't care if they know I bought it there is nothing shameful about dish soap. . . Might be more shameful if you never got any soap! :)

Would seem a rough way to go if you wanted to buy something as a surprise for anyone who might have access to your email though!

Last edited:
I have noticed at Home Depot, Walmart, and few others that when making a purchase I get asked if I want a paper or an ecopy bill.

I never, ever provide my email address. I get enough junk mail as it is.

We shop at Walmart and Sam’s regularly and I have never gotten an email from them. I know they have my contact info because we use the Scan and Go, skip the checkout line app. Still no emails.

+1 Though DW bought some spray paint at Home Depot a while ago with our joint credit card and I have received 2 emails requesting a review. I just trash them like I do al emails looking for feedback, but it can be annoying.

This happens a lot from various vendors. I usually ignore.

I’m waiting for them to ask me to review the air I breathed while in the store. I ignore all these, especially when someone tells me I have to give them five stars or they’ll get fired or something.

The local Walmart will ask us to rate our experience when we use the self checkout. (one to five stars). I usually give them three which is average. The past 6 months they have been refurbishing the store and it's a mess/disorganized but I see the potential, so I still give them a three.

The local Walmart will ask us to rate our experience when we use the self checkout. (one to five stars). I usually give them three which is average. The past 6 months they have been refurbishing the store and it's a mess/disorganized but I see the potential, so I still give them a three.
I use to just ignore the "rate the experience" at Wally's self checkout, but now I give them 5 stars. The self checkout is amazing now and never locks up. I can put down one of my owner bags on the scale anytime, or leave the heavier items in the shopping cart, etc., and the machine just doesn't care. As one of my mentors use to say "we need to reward Megacorp for doing the right thing".

Yes, Wally and Sam's seems to know my CC number and my every move, but I don't really care.

I get these "rate your experience" requests form various stores. My only issue is that I rarely get them after I have had a bad visit experience and have something to say :).

The self checkout is amazing now and never locks up. I can put down one of my owner bags on the scale anytime, or leave the heavier items in the shopping cart, etc., and the machine just doesn't care.
I wish I could say the same thing about ours. I use the self checkout about half the time and it's rare to make it through without one or more items requiring an employees attention/intervention. It's almost always because after scanning, the "item could not be found" and an employee needs to logon and manually enter the info. Other times the self checkouts will only take CC's since the money changer is either broken or out of money. Maybe someday they'll get the bugs out and/or maintain them properly. But not so far.

Last edited:
Guess I am the only one who finds it creepy they would match my credit card used in store to the one I have used for online orders in the past to get my email.

I almost never review anything for any purchase or answer surveys.

I have opted out and removed the card on file as it is seldom used anyway. Most stores don't get my main email for just such reasons but back in the old days I "trusted" them to only use it as per order fulfillment and I always opt out of anything that says can we send you stuff. . .

It strikes me as odd that people would even read reviews for a product that only costs a couple of $.

Last edited:
I get them from Walmart. I normally don't respond but did recently with a negative one. Nothing ugly but I noticed it wasn't published.

I get them from Walmart. I normally don't respond but did recently with a negative one. Nothing ugly but I noticed it wasn't published.

HA. Exactly why I don't bother with that nonsense. This was strictly product related though not about my experience at the store.

Guess I am the only one who finds it creepy they would match my credit card used in store to the one I have used for online orders in the past to get my email.

I almost never review anything for any purchase or answer surveys.

I have opted out and removed the card on file as it is seldom used anyway. Most stores don't get my main email for just such reasons but back in the old days I "trusted" them to only use it as per order fulfillment and I always opt out of anything that says can we send you stuff. . .

It strikes me as odd that people would even read reviews for a product that only costs a couple of $.

I'd read the reviews of dish soap, because it's an effort to go get it, and if I buy a crap one, I have to repeat the process and try again. I'd rather just get some good soap the first time.

Too bad you opted out, now they will send someone to your door for your review ;) Probably check with your neighbors Ring camera to see if you are at home :LOL::LOL:

I'd read the reviews of dish soap, because it's an effort to go get it, and if I buy a crap one, I have to repeat the process and try again. I'd rather just get some good soap the first time.

Too bad you opted out, now they will send someone to your door for your review ;) Probably check with your neighbors Ring camera to see if you are at home :LOL::LOL:

LOL.

I get those all the time, nothing creepy about it, it's an easy database matchup. But do they really want a review of that crooked, warped, and twisted 1x2 I bought?

It is quite an eye opener when one digs into what credit card companies are doing your data. Buying gift cards online and using those for purchases - is a great way to minimize their creep.

I shop in-person at my local san diego walmart atleast 3x a week & have never gotten a review request, somehow you provided them with your info...
I strictly use my credit union debit card or my credit card...
Not sure how swiping your credit card for the purchase equates to walmart having access to your email address, that doesnt make sense to me!
They do have a new option which I havent paid attention to so dot have specifics, various methods of obtaining your receipt...
Maybe that was part of your equation?

I like that my credit card is linked to my on-line account. I can log on and review past purchases. I don't really care if they send a survey. Only takes a second to delete it, or if I'm a bit bored I might take the survey. I'm actually glad they're making an effort to listen to customer feedback.

It's funny how surveys never seem to ask the question I want to answer. Did you find the shopping experience enjoyable? Were the aisles wide enough? Did you like the store's color scheme? Did the cashier greet you with our corporate slogan?

I don't care if you're selling out of a dingy old basement. A good selection of good products for a fair price is what I'm after. Usually, I don't want or need any help from an associate. And if I do, it's more important that they be helpful than cheerful.

I shop in-person at my local san diego walmart atleast 3x a week & have never gotten a review request, somehow you provided them with your info...
I strictly use my credit union debit card or my credit card...
Not sure how swiping your credit card for the purchase equates to walmart having access to your email address, that doesnt make sense to me!
They do have a new option which I havent paid attention to so dot have specifics, various methods of obtaining your receipt...
Maybe that was part of your equation?

Definitely not as I don't even take a receipt as that location does not have gate guards that ask for it and I hardly plan to return dish soap.

They have it because it was the same card I had on file for online purchases. Not anymore! The other closest location that I go to often I take the paper receipts because they sometimes ask.

Since some of you have not got it I wonder if it is a pilot. I generally pay cash at small stuff like that but they have made it harder at that location (no self checkout is taking cash - get in line). The other location near me has more choices but it is a larger store.

I agree they never ask the question I want to answer which is usually YOU WERE OUT OF MY PRODUCT AGAIN.

Last edited:
It is quite an eye opener when one digs into what credit card companies are doing your data. Buying gift cards online and using those for purchases - is a great way to minimize their creep.

Yeah I have heard unverified tales back in the old days that it could be used to prove you were a drunk in a case of child custody if you got "too much" alcohol. Never knew if it was true but I don't drink so nothing to see.

You can tell I'm fun at parties right LOL no drinking and bitch about clutter!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom