Wasting time

+1 Even sitting on the deck and reading is not a waste to me, but endless TV is. Travel is the best.

I agree with all what you say except the travel. It's not that I dislike it, but I think I got a good fill while trekking around the globe for Uncle Sugar, so it's not a high priority for me. TV isn't terrible (in reasonable doses), but I would most certainly prefer sitting on the deck and reading while enjoying some fabulous coffee.

I do love all these reminders about how wonderful retirement is. A few years ago, I dreaded going to bed because the AM would come soon and would require me to trudge off to w*rk. Now, it means that the sun will be up, the birds will be singing, the coffee will be fresh and I will still be FREE. :dance:

FWIW, I don't consider my engaging in leisure activites (internet, reading, TV, whatever) to be wasting time per se. Rather those things can be wasting time if I sort of mindlessly do them when I have things of higher priority that I want to do and I just sort of lost track of what I was doing.

We were in Beaune a couple of week’s ago on our barge trip. Really a lovely town. The hospital was very interesting.
Yes the thing that sets it apart is all the wineries represented in town. Never seen so many in such a small space. We stayed in a vineyard in Aloxe-Corton about 7 km south of town. GPS helped us get back in the dark after dinner. We call her Gigi.

I think John Lennon once said something like time that you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

I think John Lennon once said something like time that you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

‘I’m just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round. I really love to watch ‘em roll. No longer riding on the merry go round, I just had to let it go.’

John Lennon

A waste of time would be worrying about whether you are wasting your time.

I'm really enjoying wasting my time by reading this thread about wasting time :LOL:

Last edited:
Michael Bolton: Peter, you're in deep sh_t. You were supposed to come in on Saturday. What were you doing?
Peter Gibbons: Michael, I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be.

I'm really enjoying wasting my time by reading this thread about wasting time :LOL:

Being one of the later posts I can now respond. I wasted far more time at work than I have since retirement. Time spent on this forum does not count.

I busted my rear for years so I can afford to be lazy. I don't want those years of hard work to have been wasted.

Does anybody remember the show 'Flame Trees of Thika' ? If so you may remember the line "doing nothing is the most expensive thing a person can do". So go ahead and flaunt your wealth. [emoji16]

I would interpret wasting time to mean spending time doing something you don't enjoy...

That's how I look at it...I can happily spend all day doing "nothing" and not think that any time was wasted, but as soon as I have to do something that I don't want to do, I consider it to be a waste of time. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom