We are OLED Converts.... Are You!

ShokWaveRider

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
We just purchased and installed a new LG OLED65C9AUA TV and it is outstanding. Talk about clear and sharp, no comparison to our last TV., leaps and bounds ahead, and the upscaling is outstanding.

Attachments

• IMG_9568 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_9568 (Medium).JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_9573 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_9573 (Medium).JPG
    91 KB · Views: 227
We just purchased and installed a new LG OLED65C9AUA TV and it is outstanding. Talk about clear and sharp, no comparison to our last TV., leaps and bounds ahead, and the upscaling is outstanding.

Yes, I bought one from Costco when they first came out. The price dropped a few weeks later, so I got a few hundred back. It’s a great tv!

No I have a quantum dot tv from Sony. Like you.....I couldn't be more pleased. The thing that worried me about oled was the burn in potential. Most people won't have a problem but I watch a lot of golf channel that has a logo on the screen. That worried me. Don't feel I have sacrificed anything as my picture is great.

Congrats and enjoy.

I really like the mounting. Very sleek. What does upscaling mean?

I really like the mounting. Very sleek. What does upscaling mean?

We do not watch or subscribe to any streaming content, only stuff we download from our syndicate directly to our media players. Some of it is only 720 resolution, the TV upscales it to 4k and it does a great job.

How would you rate the sound quality? Our Vizio 65-inch has a nice picture but very poor sound. Understanding the spoken voices is tough, especially when there is background noise or music. We even bought a sound bar and I still find it difficult to hear the dialog.

How would you rate the sound quality? Our Vizio 65-inch has a nice picture but very poor sound. Understanding the spoken voices is tough, especially when there is background noise or music. We even bought a sound bar and I still find it difficult to hear the dialog.

Could not tell you. We do not use the sound, our sound comes from our 5.1 AVR. We use the TV purely as a monitor only.

Not sure about the TV/Monitor. We have something called a 4K and we're very happy with it. The more important thing is that it's really great that you posted a picture of your installation. That was a lot of work to get the TV in there, but it looks really nice. You did a great job.

Definitely. Just got my second one when Costco recently dropped the price. Was a fairly early adopter with the first. Blacks are unrivaled. Went with Sonos Playbar, sub and two Sonos One's for surrounds. Everything conveniently on sale. Very awesome!

I'm not sure of the technical reasons why Samsung has decided not to compete with LG in this area.

What was the final cost if you don't mind stating, around 2100?

Costco, after rebates with a 5 year Square Trade warranty $2,000 and change.

Sounds good. This is the type of model of interest to me, but not quite ready to pull the trigger yet.

I tried to convince myself to get one about a year and half ago. Ended up with Samsung 4K for 1K. Just went to Sam's Club over the weekend and saw it for $500...sick.

Our next TV will probably be an OLED, but we’re not due yet. Yours looks very nice, congrats.

Not yet, but we may with our next TV purchase, which will likely occur within the next year. I just wished we didn't have a couple of bad experiences with LG electronics (not TV) in the past. It makes us hesitant to include them (have had good experiences with Sony and Samsung electronics in the past and present).

What was the final cost if you don't mind stating, around 2100?
Costco here has the B9 on for $1490. It's the same panel as the C9 and E9 but a different processor. I certainly can't tell the difference and the Consumer Reports rating wasn't significantly different between the three.

I did the OLED about 4 years ago. Amazing picture, you get what you pay for.

Costco here has the B9 on for $1490. It's the same panel as the C9 and E9 but a different processor. I certainly can't tell the difference and the Consumer Reports rating wasn't significantly different between the three.

I specifically wanted the upgraded processor for the type of content we view. The E9 for us was the overkill point.

The only difference between C9 and E9 is the sound AFAIK. What content would one appreciate the difference in the processor? I haven't noticed anything between the two sets yet and CR rates the C9 and E9 at 88 while the B9 is 87. The highest rated TV is 90, the SonyXBR-65A9G which uses the same LG OLED panel I think.

The only difference between C9 and E9 is the sound AFAIK. What content would one appreciate the difference in the processor? I haven't noticed anything between the two sets yet and CR rates the C9 and E9 at 88 while the B9 is 87. The highest rated TV is 90, the SonyXBR-65A9G which uses the same LG OLED panel I think.

That is why I went for the C9 not the E9.

I'm still rocking a Panasonic Plasma from 2009, which still has an outstanding image.

That’s what I have. It still has a great picture. That and my Monitor Audio-Denon sound system does the job.

Panasonic Plasma from 2010 is what we upgraded from. OLED is noticeably better. Especially the blacks. Absolutely stunning very high res image.

I’ve started looking for a 65 inch set for the bedroom. The OLEDs are still close to $2K at Costco while the Samsung QLEDs are $1,000 and Samsung LEDs are down to around $500.

Is the picture quality of an OLED screen so much better than QLED to justify paying twice the price?

The 2019 models are being discounted somewhat while the 2020’s are just beginning to trickle in to the stores now. I’m still researching whether there were enough improvements to the 2020 models to justify buying them or should I try to get a good deal on a close out 2019 model. Any suggestions there?

Back
Top Bottom