We are OLED Converts.... Are You!

I must have been Very Nice because Santa brought me a 77" LG C2 for Christmas. My dear wife had me completely fooled. During the past week I kept waiting for the delivery truck to show up and drop off the TV but I never noticed a thing. I figured I wasn't getting it for Christmas and maybe I'd get it with my birthday coming up next month.

Then yesterday, after all the gifts had been opened, she told our two sons to go upstairs and get the final gift. I'm thinking, "Is this it? Did she really get me the TV? Nah. When could it have been delivered?" Followed by, "Here comes the gift, an envelope with a picture of the TV inside saying it will be delivered on Tuesday, the 27th."

But no, here comes my sons manhandling a giant LG TV box down the stairs!

I have heard about the deep, true blacks and the rich full colors of an OLED and yes, I've seen the demonstration videos playing on OLED's in the stores, but until you get one in your usual TV viewing spot in your own home and experience it, you don't really have a full appreciation of the difference in picture quality! Wow.

Woo hoo!! Glad you are enjoying the colors.

I plan to take before and after pictures of ours. :) It’s just a size increase in our case so the difference will be subtle.

Delivery scheduled for the 29th.

Fingers crossed no problems!

Last edited:
I must have been Very Nice because Santa brought me a 77" LG C2 for Christmas. My dear wife had me completely fooled. During the past week I kept waiting for the delivery truck to show up and drop off the TV but I never noticed a thing. I figured I wasn't getting it for Christmas and maybe I'd get it with my birthday coming up next month.

Then yesterday, after all the gifts had been opened, she told our two sons to go upstairs and get the final gift. I'm thinking, "Is this it? Did she really get me the TV? Nah. When could it have been delivered?" Followed by, "Here comes the gift, an envelope with a picture of the TV inside saying it will be delivered on Tuesday, the 27th."

But no, here comes my sons manhandling a giant LG TV box down the stairs!

I have heard about the deep, true blacks and the rich full colors of an OLED and yes, I've seen the demonstration videos playing on OLED's in the stores, but until you get one in your usual TV viewing spot in your own home and experience it, you don't really have a full appreciation of the difference in picture quality! Wow.

Welcome to the C2 club, but you have me beat with your sound system.

Welcome to the C2 club, but you have me beat with your sound system.

Thanks for the greeting and the compliment on the sound system. (I didn't consider it a competition, though.)

Woo hoo!! Glad you are enjoying the colors.

I plan to take before and after pictures of ours. :) It’s just a size increase in our case so the difference will be subtle.

Here's my before and after, 55" to 77":

TV-55-vs-TV-77-Size-Comparo.jpg

Delivery scheduled for the 29th.

Fingers crossed no problems!

I don't think there will be any delivery problems. I did have a minor problem attaching the stand. I couldn't find a position so the stand could be easily attached. Lying it flat on the floor was no good, couldn't get enough ground clearance to attach the stand. I had to put the TV in its normal vertical orientation while it was straddling the armrests of a loveseat in order find the room underneath it to attach the stand. One of my sons held the TV steady while I screwed on the stand.

Last edited:
Our TV is hung on the wall.

Assuming the bolt hole spacing on the back of the 77" TV is the same as the 65" TV--the VESA mount pattern is the same--you should be up and streaming 4K content in no time.

Assuming the bolt hole spacing on the back of the 77" TV is the same as the 65" TV--the VESA mount pattern is the same--you should be up and streaming 4K content in no time.
Right, this will be the third TV using this mount.

Thanks for the greeting and the compliment on the sound system. (I didn't consider it a competition, though.)

Nah, not a competition. Alas, I've spent too much for Christmas and need to let my checking account replenish, so no sound upgrade for a while.

Here is our before:

We have a surround sound system with 5 speakers plus 2 woofers. Those are NHT speakers including the in wall speakers. Two are mounted on the wall behind us.

Attachments

• 58DCE069-46A7-4DCF-9AC2-08F4CD2DBD6E.jpeg
    58DCE069-46A7-4DCF-9AC2-08F4CD2DBD6E.jpeg
    309.3 KB · Views: 27
Before (65”) and after (77”). Room is darker in the after photo but you get the size comparison. This is it! We can’t go any bigger. We had a heck of time getting things plugged in behind it, but at least our wall mount still worked.

Attachments

• 4AEC6A03-ADC5-484E-9673-E4A46E202E77.jpeg
    4AEC6A03-ADC5-484E-9673-E4A46E202E77.jpeg
    303.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 5DFAC929-2A60-4928-BF18-20C4EDCF9AA4.jpeg
    5DFAC929-2A60-4928-BF18-20C4EDCF9AA4.jpeg
    292.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Can’t believe you guys didn’t go for one of these. Just $25k.
No way that would fit! And ours cost 1/10 of that.

Note that those people are hanging their TV way too high! The height is OK if they stand to watch TV, but I doubt they plan to do that.

Last edited:
Before (65”) and after (77”). Room is darker in the after photo but you get the size comparison. This is it! We can’t go any bigger. We had a heck of time getting things plugged in behind it, but at least our wall mount still worked.
Sweet, I love it! Dual subs too <jealous>.

Not us :D
We are still rocking a 12~13 year old 50" Panny plasma. It hasn't quit us, and we won't replace it if we can avoid it. ( Knocks on wood ).
This house setting won't take anything bigger, but the new house will.
hang in there baby.
images

Makes for a very clean look and perfect size with your in wall speakers.

Makes for a very clean look and perfect size with your in wall speakers.

Thanks! Yeah clean look was the goal.

DH specified the design for the speaker boxes in the wall and we did the in wall wiring ourselves while the house was being built. Nice that they let us do it. DH designed the entire A/V system and it has served us very well for over a decade. This is the third TV in that spot. We started in 2010 with a 54” Plasma TV.

So somehow that speaker placement worked allowing us to “grow”. A lot of luck really as it was driven by the placement of our wall studs, but somehow DH got the placement of that center top speaker just right. We had them put crossbeams between the studs at all the speaker locations (creating a speaker box) plus extra reenforcing beams for the TV mount. And fill the wall with insulation after we did the wiring, leaving the speaker boxes empty. We mounted the frames to hold the wall speaker before they did the dry wall. We also have in wall speakers for the room on the other side of that wall.

Here is one of the speakers mounted behind the seating area for surround sound.

Attachments

• 2AA6752F-BD57-4AEF-B044-BBD1FB823F0E.jpeg
    2AA6752F-BD57-4AEF-B044-BBD1FB823F0E.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Purchased on 12/09/2022:
LG - 65" Class C2 Series OLED evo 4K UHD Smart webOS TV
Model: OLED65C2PUA
Product Price: $1,699.99

It sits on a standard-height corner cabinet (~ 30-32"). Replaced a 52" LED TV. Previous Samsung sound bar attached.

The WebOS interface makes watching much easier.

Back
Top Bottom