Went to the U2 concert

donheff

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I saw U2 last night at Fedex Stadium. This was my first large, outdoor stadium concert in a long time. I was skeptical about bothering with such a large venue but DW wanted to see them and they don't play small clubs :(
I have to say, the technology they bring almost makes stadium rock acceptable. They were very good and the video display and lighting was fantastic. I only had a cell phone so the photos are lousy but, what the heck. In the last shot you can see the tops of four porta-johns for people in the general admission section on the field. They were venting fumes that grossed out our entire section. A quick thinking engineer type a few rows down plugged the vents with beer cups weighed down with bottles - that saved the day for us. If you look closely you can see the fuzzy outline of those bottles.

Attachments

• U2.jpg
    U2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 4
  • U22.jpg
    U22.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 5
  • U23.jpg
    U23.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 12
I saw a clip of that on TV. One guy sat in traffic for two hours to go 20 miles to get there. Why anyone would subject themselves to that is beyond my comprehension. I guess that means I'm not a fan/fanatic.

Sooooo happy that I was 90 miles away!

If it involves being herded like cattle into a giant pen, count me out...

Still like the smaller venues, which is where lesser known, but equally talented, acts perform.

I saw a clip of that on TV. One guy sat in traffic for two hours to go 20 miles to get there. Why anyone would subject themselves to that is beyond my comprehension. I guess that means I'm not a fan/fanatic.

Sooooo happy that I was 90 miles away!
The traffic for concerts or Redskins games are always terrible on the Beltway but I am in the city, inside the Beltway, and travel out on a regular street. For me the traffic isn't a problem at all. It is a hassle getting out of the parking lot after the game but, once again, when I get to the street, the trip home is fast.

But, by and large, I agree with your assessment of stadium concerts - they are not something I want to make a habit of.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom