What are you serving for the Superbowl?

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We are having 42 of our friends and neighbors over for a pot luck feast. I'm providing the beer and 32lbs (pre-cook weight) of pulled pork. This is our 4th year for the party and it's a blast.

Plus, it's going to be a great game that's not featuring Tom Brady :dance:

Attachments

• IMG_0367.jpg
    IMG_0367.jpg
    759.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0368.jpg
    IMG_0368.jpg
    927 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    738.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0370.jpg
    IMG_0370.jpg
    718.5 KB · Views: 67
Wow, that looks good! We're bringing deviled eggs to a friend's pot-luck. Usually I do something more elaborate, but I'm just too busy this weekend, and deviled eggs go fast.

We’re not watching the Super Bowl. I plane to be shucking and smoking oysters that afternoon.

We are having 42 of our friends and neighbors over for a pot luck feast. I'm providing the beer and 32lbs (pre-cook weight) of pulled pork. This is our 4th year for the party and it's a blast.

Plus, it's going to be a great game that's not featuring Tom Brady :dance:

Looks like you are going all out. Sounds like fun. Wish I could come too. ;)

But we'll be at some friends house and I'm bringing the popcorn while DW is bringing the salad. Will be rooting for the 49ers.

Pulled pork for us also, but only one shoulder. I’m taking it to a friend’s house and there will only be eight of us there.

Just wifey and I with chips and dip, brie and crackers, veggie plate with ranch and dim sum supper.

Wow, that looks good! We're bringing deviled eggs to a friend's pot-luck. Usually I do something more elaborate, but I'm just too busy this weekend, and deviled eggs go fast.

Yeah, they're very 1950s/1960s but I've noticed that they disappear at potlucks, too!

I'm doing nothing and I'm perfectly happy about that. BF is coming over today; I'd reminded him that I have only Netflix and thus no access to the Superbowl so he's coming over today instead of tomorrow! I live so close to KC that my next-door neighbor IS in KC- but I'm just not interested.

Just DW and I. Pizza, shrimp and potato chips so far. I’m sure we’ll add to the menu today when we visit the local Walmart.

I declared Sunday as Official USA Junk Food day and asked DH what he wanted to celebrate: chips, salsa, and homemade guacamole. I'm also making spicy Asian chicken wings and goat cheese jalapeño poppers topped with bacon. Must.Have.Bacon. :dance:

Amusingly, when we talked with DD on Wednesday, she mentioned being confused about why Whole Foods had chicken wings, avocados, and tortilla chips on sale this week (she lives in an area of NYC where Whole Foods is the most reasonable priced grocery store :nonono:). Obviously, she is not a football fan.

This thread may even be more exciting than the which team you think will win thread? :popcorn:

Junk food for sure.
Probably some Popeye's chicken, BBQ ribs and various dips.

We’re not watching the Super Bowl. I plane to be shucking and smoking oysters that afternoon.

We don't watch the Super Bowl either. Enjoy those oysters! In our case, we plan to just eat the same sort of food as always.

We don’t watch the Super Bowl .. but we do watch the commercials. In between commercial breaks we eat and talk. Nothing planned yet. It’ll be cool and sunny, so probably something on the grill. I have some bison sausage in the freezer calling to me right now ...

I'm be at home with all of my friends, IOW by myself. I will have pizza just like every other night.

I'm not saying this in order to put on some kind of show or attitude, but I honestly wouldn't have known that tomorrow is Superbowl Sunday, were it not for this thread. No particular plans, other than to get up, feed the cats, and maybe go hang out in my campervan, read a book, and maybe nap a bit.

I'm not saying this in order to put on some kind of show or attitude, but I honestly wouldn't have known that tomorrow is Superbowl Sunday, were it not for this thread. No particular plans, other than to get up, feed the cats, and maybe go hang out in my campervan, read a book, and maybe nap a bit.

Well I only knew because of the football cakes in the grocery store yesterday!

If it is just DW and me, with youngest DS and his current GF, it will be steak chunks, potato salad, green beans, lime tortilla chips (with my homemade onion dip), M&M peanuts,lots of Arnold Palmer (homemade zero cal sweet tea + lemonade). DS will also bring some other snacks.

If we get invited over somewhere, we'll bring along the chips and snacks to wherever we are going, and perhaps pick up some finger food and chocolate mousse pie on the way. We save the steak/potato salad/green beans for Monday.

Going to a SB party at a friend's house. He said there will be 20 guests or so. Having whatever he serves us! :LOL:

I started some Italian beef in the slow cooker this afternoon. Hopefully will be juicy/tasty for the game (it’ll be in the fridge overnight and resume slowww cooking tomorrow).

It’s a recipe published in the local paper collected from residents of my former Midwest town that’s been a Super Bowl staple for years.

That’s no excuse to not watch the game. Oysters go great with football.

“Give me oysters and beer for dinner every day of the year, and I’ll be fine, I’ll be fine.”

Back
Top Bottom