what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voted in the general election, then worked with professional decluttering people to triage my stuff. This will take three days but it's amazing how much we got done and how much bigger the house looks! Called painter, took part in a business call. Now out to enjoy the sunshine. It's great being unemployed!

Voted in the general election, then worked with professional decluttering people to triage my stuff. This will take three days but it's amazing how much we got done and how much bigger the house looks! Called painter, took part in a business call. Now out to enjoy the sunshine. It's great being unemployed!

I should employ some of these professional declutterers and I'm not even moving! I have been thinking about hiring some California Closet people to house my rarely used/never used clutter more efficiently and attractively.

Mr B and I drove to Syracuse VA hospital for an annual eye checkup for him. It was really odd to be back in the very same building that only 6 days ago....well, no need to repeat the story.

We came home, started some sausage and spaghetti sauce in the crockpot, and went to the Legion to watch the baseball game. We watched the news, and I couldn't help but have a sickening feeling in my stomach of what will happen down the road for our folks overseas. Be aware, be safe.

God bless America, land that we love. Stand beside her, and guide her...someone please finish the lyrics for me. :flowers:

God bless America, land that we love. Stand beside her, and guide her...someone please finish the lyrics for me.

In my view, this probably should be our national anthem. The lyrics are great and you don't have to sing a high G (as it is normally set). The only other contender would be "This Land is Your Land"

In my view, this probably should be our national anthem. The lyrics are great and you don't have to sing a high G (as it is normally set). The only other contender would be "This Land is Your Land"

I sympathize with those arguments, but when someone really does
our anthem well it's fantastic. Someone doing god bless america well...
it just doesn't do it for me..

my current fave rendition..

YouTube - Marvin Gaye sings American National Anthem

Mr B and I drove to Syracuse VA hospital for an annual eye checkup for him. It was really odd to be back in the very same building that only 6 days ago....well, no need to repeat the story.

We came home, started some sausage and spaghetti sauce in the crockpot, and went to the Legion to watch the baseball game. We watched the news, and I couldn't help but have a sickening feeling in my stomach of what will happen down the road for our folks overseas. Be aware, be safe.

God bless America, land that we love. Stand beside her, and guide her...someone please finish the lyrics for me. :flowers:

in the light of the lamp from above. That's from my singing it to myself..
now I'll go ask Multivac.

Mine is a wimpy eight inches...I'm sure Nords has me beat. :angel:
14 inches, although my spouse raised an eyebrow when I brought her the tape measure and said that Travelover and Bbbami wanted to know one of my measurements...

But last Saturday marked the ninth anniversary of my ponytail project, so you can get back to us in a few more years.

I can make up for it though by wearing some girly bling....
Who says he can't do the same?
Only if it would really, really annoy my daughter. Especially if it had a HelloKitty in it.

We visited the California Academy Of Sciences in Golden Gate Park ... We also got to see the rest of the exhibits on display, which included an artificially created rain-forest climate indoors, with animals native to the rain-forest. The aquarium was great fun also.

+1 on the Academy. I went to an event there in March, my first visit to the place, and was just blown away. What a fantastic venue. And I thought it was one of the best thought out aquaria I've ever seen.

Well, it would be a little longer if I wrapped a rubberband around it a little tighter....

Well, it would be a little longer if I wrapped a rubberband around it a little tighter....
Just gotta be careful not to tear anything out by the roots... so to speak.

Excuse me for a few minutes, I'm going to have to log out and see what ads Google thinks are appropriate for this conversation!

Hey now FinanceDude..I was just talkin' about my ponytail. ;)

'Course then again I would have loved to have seen the expression on Ms Nords' face when he asked for the yardstick....

14 inches, although my spouse raised an eyebrow when I brought her the tape measure and said that Travelover and Bbbami wanted to know one of my measurements...

But last Saturday marked the ninth anniversary of my ponytail project, so you can get back to us in a few more years.

Only if it would really, really annoy my daughter. Especially if it had a HelloKitty in it.

If we're measuring from the hair band to the end of the hair, it's 23 inches (if doing this correctly).

Today I voted and did laundry, and listened to rain and to sump pump.

Cooked dinner for the young wife and me (she is the primary chef in the Gumby household, but had an early evening hair appointment). I made veal saltimbocca, with oven roasted asparagus spears, and mashed Bliss potatoes with goat cheese. Accompanied by a nice Sonoma Valley chardonnay. Most excellent, if I do say so.

So far I took out the garbage, picked enough rhubarb for a rhubarb crumble and a bit of stewed rhubarb. Crumble is in the oven and have now had breakfast. Next Gas and Groceries.

I stayed in bed until noon. >:D My upper back was bothering me a bit, so I just stayed in bed and relaxed, sometimes awake, sometimes dozing.
It's cloudy with rain forecast, so I won't be mowing the lawn today. Oh well...;)

I think I'll just veg out today. Mr B has meetings at the VFW and Legion for the next 2 nights, so my Kindle may get some use. Reading on a rainy night, alone at home, is a very rare treat for me. :D

IMG_0118_6.jpgTook some pictures today. Our dogwoods are blooming....Couldn't rotate the pic, but you get the idea:dance:

Fixed that for you, Antmary. Beautiful!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom