what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I went to our annual school meeting where the wing-nuts on the school board once again herded the tax-paying sheep to approve an 11% increase in school property taxes to over $1.50 per $100 this year. :facepalm:

If it makes you feel any better, our property tax is $2.56 per $100.

Well it's about 3:15 pm and I have been out twice shoveling the snow. Splittin' the duties with our 19 yr old son. Looks like we got alot more snow coming here in Chicagoland.

Ouch. Temps here reached the mid-80's yesterday. That same front that's binging you snow is keeping us in the upper 60's today.

Oh, and before we moved out of the city into the county, our property tax rate was in the $2.70/$100 range...

Well it's about 3:15 pm and I have been out twice shoveling the snow. Splittin' the duties with our 19 yr old son. Looks like we got alot more snow coming here in Chicagoland.

Please keep it. We don't need any more here in New England.

Day 5 of antibiotics...5 more to go. I am so SICK of taking these horse pills. But I will be a good girl and complete the 10 day regimen.
It is really wierd to go to the frig for a cold one and realize I'm not allowed to have one :facepalm: while on the antibiotics. I am at 100% compliance. :angel:

Since there is nothing on daytime TV that we want to watch, Mr B and I spent the day together watching another Netflix movie. We both love comedies.
"Anger Management" with Jack Nicholson and Adam Sandler was a hoot. :LOL:

I did some laundry, did a little more seed planting, and just plain goofed off. It is so nice to have all this time together with Mr B now that he is done with that 1.5 years of college courses. :D

I'm headed to the Adirondacks for a lunch date on Thursday.
Destination: Otter Lake.
A former co-w*rker found me on Facebook. He invited me to lunch and then go visit at his camp on the lake. He wants to pick my brains about patents (I have two). Mr B has to w*rk at the tax service that day, so he told me to get out of the house and get some fresh air and talk techie with my friend.
ROAD TRIP!!!! :dance:

I'm headed to the Adirondacks for a lunch date on Thursday.
Destination: Otter Lake.
A former co-w*rker found me on Facebook. He invited me to lunch and then go visit at his camp on the lake.
Just hearing about the Adirondaks, makes me homesick... Years of paddling and camping... not on Otter, but many times, from Old Forge up to Big Tupper, and most smaller lakes along the way. Was my dream to live there in retirement, but Illinois and Florida got in the way. :(
Hope your trip was fun, and that you get well quick. :flowers:

Just hearing about the Adirondaks, makes me homesick... Years of paddling and camping... not on Otter, but many times, from Old Forge up to Big Tupper, and most smaller lakes along the way. Was my dream to live there in retirement, but Illinois and Florida got in the way. :(
Hope your trip was fun, and that you get well quick. :flowers:
TY for the get well wishes. :flowers: The ear/jaw infection is under control, it's just a matter of finishing the antibiotic regimen. I know how important it is to do exactly that to prevent a recurrence.

I often think about leaving upstate NY, to escape the snow and lack of cultural opportunities...but then I go to Lake Ontario or the Adirondacks and fall in love with the area all over again. I am a true nature lover at heart. The scenic beauty and fresh air are addicting. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adirondack_Mountains

http://www.fotosearch.com/photos-images/adirondack-mountains.html

Last edited:
Enjoyed sunshine and 45F. Now kicking back and awaiting 8 to 14" of snow overnite and into tomorrow.

Have vine, cheese, plenty of coffee and an easy chair near the picture window. Tomorrow will observe the snow plows at their best. And the supporters of retirement going to produce more taxes.

When it all stops, will drag out the snowblower to clear out the driveway.

Have a day off today....dropping off the car at the garage for fixing and oil change, then making up another batch of moisturizing body wash, finishing up the bulletin board/command center for the kitchen wall, and wasting away time on Pinterest :)

I decided to do some spring cleaning. My housecleaner got pregnant several months ago, and I've been doing it myself at a very light level of effort. ;)

The master bedroom was screaming for a thorough cleaning. So I put on the tunes and got the vacuum cleaner out. I pulled the extension wands and soft brush attachment out, a.k.a. the lazy woman's duster. The method: Put the wand (with brush on) under your arm at the elbow. Turn on the vacuum cleaner. Take each knick-knack and move it gently around the soft brush. Use the soft brush on the flat surfaces under the knick-knacks. Also use to remove dust from vertical surfaces. Piece of cake. :cool:
No chemicals, all dust sucked right into the vacuum.

I also vacuumed the wooden mini blinds. No trilobites were discovered during the disturbance of the sedimentary layers of dust. :LOL:

Last edited:
:rolleyes:Contemplated the debt of gratitude I owe the site-dwellers for their words of wisdom.

Not quite...

Perhaps I should rephrase my original post....

'I burped after chugging a beer too quickly.' Proper grammar don't ya know.

That ain't nothin' honey. Y'got real talent when one can play "The Star Spangled Banner" out his... well, never mind.
:LOL:...I have a feeling THAT would truly leave me breathless...

As for my day, I worked out in the yard for three hours for the first time this year. I feel fine now, but I imagine my bod will be singing a different tune later tonight.

....and no, not "The Star Spangled Banner"......

DW is on Day Two of a Cleaning Rampage. This happens from time to time when a "tipping point" is reached and she decides there is too much stuff around here and "we" need to get rid of it. Like the jacket I bought during the Nixon administration.

Normally we put out two, perhaps three trash cans for trash day. Yesterday there were three, plus about ten more very full plastic bags. Granted a lot of this is FIL's stuff that no one in the family wanted and wasn't worth taking to Goodwill.

But now she's filling the back of the pickup with stuff to go to Goodwill, again mostly FIL's stuff, and admittedly stuff of ours that we haven't used for quite a while. And while we're out I'm going to take an old computer down to the recycling place and get that out of here too.

DW is on Day Two of a Cleaning Rampage. This happens from time to time when a "tipping point" is reached and she decides there is too much stuff around here and "we" need to get rid of it. Like the jacket I bought during the Nixon administration.
When that happens at my house I lay low. Not avoiding work, just don't want to get thrown out with the trash. Ever since I stopped working ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom