what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice shots Walt. I took some shots yesterday and today (practicing correct exposure) to bring to class.

img_1357393_0_6f08003510147d719bef5b2ee9d04e53.jpg

Maybe we should start a thread dedicated to photography. A place where we could show off our photos, discuss techniques, and share tips!

Maybe we should start a thread dedicated to photography. A place where we could show off our photos, discuss techniques, and share tips!

And we appreciators of your art will be able to ooh and ahh over your results! Because those last Walt and Ronstar creations are amazing.

Went to church, went out to lunch and then grocery shopping. Came home, washed the Honda and then hooked the roadster up to the OBD code reader to determine why I got a check engine light. Just ordered a new camshaft position sensor.

Went out for breakfast with the wife. Then, we went to the movies to see Meet The Millers. It was ok...had some funny moments. Then, took a drive over to the house we're in process of buying. Yep, it's still there...lol. Should be closing in a couple of weeks. Prepping for retirement..... Later, drove to Sonic to get the Happy Hour drink special....2 large slushes for $2.16, including tax. Came home, wife cooked dinner (BBQ chicken & baked potatoes). Now, just watching TV & surfing the web. Just another Sunday.

Headed out on the motorcycle to the local office supply store about five miles away to get a thumb drive for the photography class to bring the high-resolution images to class. Since it was a beautiful day, clear skies, perfect temperatures, this little errand took two and a half hours, covered 90 miles, and crossed four county lines.

Up early this morning, and it was cold, so the fireplace got its first use of the season.

Doing laundry in preparation for a road trip to my Niece's wedding shower. Will visit with my sis a couple days, then head home.

Watched the latest episode of The Dome on Amazon. Having read the book, I'm a bit disappointed in how the TV version differs.

Starting to make a "Florida for the winter" pile of items.

First harvest today from a walnut tree I planted six years ago.
Only three nuts, but they're beautiful and a great sign of good food in the future.

Had an interesting day today. Picked several buckets full of plums and grapes from a friend's farm..........both will be turned into wine later this fall. Checked out their Scottish Highland cattle while we were there (and fed them some apples). Beautiful animals. Then we went to another friend's property to cut firewood for our wood stove. Found a big sugar maple tree that had come down last year, and cut most of that up for future firewood (it needs to dry out in the woodshed for a year first). Split the bigger chunks, and stacked it all in the woodshed. Came home and cooked up a great dinner (fried walleye, baked garden potatoes, sliced garden tomatoes with Romano cheese and basil on top). Topped it all off with an excellent dry white wine (New York State Riesling). Great day!

Bought a decent-sized paper shredder and spent over two hours shredding old (+10 years) financial documents. Filled the 7-gallon bin three times and called it a day.

Sold one of our kayaks (thanks craigslist) and replaced a gear in a pop-up headlight actuator motor on the Corvette. Going for a bike ride in a bit.

Headed out on the motorcycle to the local office supply store about five miles away to get a thumb drive for the photography class to bring the high-resolution images to class. Since it was a beautiful day, clear skies, perfect temperatures, this little errand took two and a half hours, covered 90 miles, and crossed four county lines.

I love that about motorcycles. I tell people that it is 8 miles to the gym on the bike. But, it could be any number of miles to get back home.

A twofer today. Workout at the Y, went for breakfest then off to the lake for some kayaking. Several hours on the lake no wind, sunny around 65F. Then off to the coffe shop for a cup of java. Got home around 4:30, having left at 8 AM or so. A great day of retirement.

Spin class, then baked a pie for the county fair tomorrow. That is so out of my comfort zone....then we have dance classes tonight, so a busy happy day.

Rescued a wayward racing pigeon late last night. Was able to locate his owner with very little effort this morning using leg band codes. The internet is a remarkable tool.

The rookie flyer with award winning parents needs some work. He missed his destination by one state. :facepalm:

rescued a wayward racing pigeon late last night. Was able to locate his owner with very little effort this morning using leg band codes. The internet is a remarkable tool.

The rookie flyer with award winning parents needs some work. He missed his destination by one state. :facepalm:

bravo!!!!!!

Mowed three lawns this morning. This afternoon I got 7 new snake cages and set them up and moved growing younger snakes into them.

Good day...unless there is a catastrophe, what day in retirement is not?

However. it ended on a poignant note. Friends of 25 years are moving to NW Arkansas.
Two of our kids were close friends when young, and much, much history. We have been there for each other through all sorts of sad and happy life-changing events. Despite it all, almost every Tuesday night we meet (met) for pizza and beer. Tonight was the last Tuesday night of that very long-standing tradition. They are moving this Friday.

Things can always change, even when you are lulled into believing they will not.

Learned that megacrap... er I meant megacorp, is about to do a massive layoff under the guise of rescinding all teleworkers privileges. Basically if you don't live within 50 miles of an office you get the 'option' of moving on your own dime so you can come into the office every day, otherwise you get to look for other employment.

Not public yet, and probably won't be for several months, but I predict this will be a nail in he coffin for the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom