What did you do today? 2017 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally retrieved a small R/C foam airplane that had been stuck in a tree for about a month. Even using a snow rake (it has a long pole) it was out of reach to dislodge. We had some high winds yesterday afternoon that blew it down to a level that was within reach and I got it down. But since it had been through multiple rainstorms I figured the electronics were fried, and I was right, no response to controls. But I suppose it's good for spare parts if I ever decide to replace it.

It was the first one I'd ordered when I decided to begin flying R/C models again and I definitely got my nickel's worth out of it. It's easy to fly and relaxing so I just might get another one. An incentive is they're on sale which frequently means it's about to be discontinued, or it may be simply because it is getting close to the end of season.

This weekend was major cleaning and organizing in DD's room (she's 9) and in the home office. I listed about 20 things for sale on either Craigslist or Facebook local sale groups. I still have 3 huge bags of donation items and we tossed 3 bags of trash. It has been exhausting but worth it. I can't stand clutter.

Gym day! Had a good workout and better yet every TV had the Little League World Series on!

It was great, DW and I spent our first 21 years living in Williamsport so it's like a free trip home. We came home after and watched a game, Japan vs. S. Korea. Really good game, and of course 12-13 yo kids understand sportsmanship better than most adults.

I saw an ad for this game tonight at Bowman field, wow! My Dad used to take me there in the 1960's. I mean, Craker Jacks were exciting then! Better yet it was him and me, while I still appreciated his knowledge.

I plan on watching it, perhaps with tears on my face.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/249194834/mlb-little-league-classic-williamsport

There will be a celebration of baseball and Little League Baseball in Williamsport, Pa., on Sunday night, at what is known as Historic Bowman Field, on what is being called the MLB Little League Classic. Bowman is the second-oldest Minor League ballpark in America, but for this one night in front of the country, it will be transformed into a big league ballpark for a game between the Cardinals and the Pirates (airing 7 p.m. ET on ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball). There will be players from the current Little League World Series in attendance, and players from the Cardinals and Pirates who are Little League graduates will be acknowledged. And all of this will not just celebrate this summer in baseball. It will celebrate all the summers.

It may take a while. I remember that in 2000 solar panels cost $5/W, which is $7.25 in today's dollar.

I just saw some new solar panels with some blemishes offered for $0.40/W. Prime panels go for $1/W...

Had to correct this error!

Panels with slight cosmetic blemishes: $0.28/W (in pallet qty. of 25)
Prime panels: $0.50/W

Today I bought my first handgun - a Smith & Wesson 640 Pro .357 Stainless Steel Revolver. I never thought I'd buy my own pistol, but I've been having lots of fun at the range lately and wanted a gun of my own that could take the use and be good at home too.

Gym day & minor grocery run.

I had an interesting conversation with a guy at the gym though. He's a retired airline pilot and the airline went bankrupt in 2008 - no retirement system anymore, just what he had in his 401(k) and SS. He's working part time at Home Depot with hours that shuffle around. He mentioned that going from a six-figure income to zip was an "adjustment". Yeah, I guess it would be. His 401(k) is now gone.

Yikes. I feel very lucky.

Got two implants in my jaw today. Had an infection in my jaw and had the teeth extracted and bone graft done this past Jan/Feb Today's procedure took 1 hr. 20 min.. The worse part was getting the injections, after that no pain for rest of procedure. I'm on an antibiotic and Ibuprofen but no discomfort.
Have my fingers crossed we hear good news from AJA888 regarding his wife's procedure.

Bought a Remington 870 Police.

Had coffee and oatmeal while chatting with friends and reading the paper over breakfast.

After that I went to the gym and did weights and a couple machines (chest & back & biceps), I set up the chairs for the exercise class, then had an aerobics class for about an hour that had light free weights, dancing, and stretching.

Had a light lunch with a friend.

Then did line dancing for an hour.
After that ball room dancing for a few more hours.

Wednesday is date night so out for dinner as well.

Got a battery backup for the modem that I hooked up today in anticipation for going to a voip phone system when AT&T terminates land lines in Chicago in November.

A little online shopping and relayed a business opportunity message from one dance instructor friend to another. Got some info about turning on another annuity maybe Friday.

Did my daily number crunching and found my passive income had gone up a little Yay, my net worth of old holdings down slightly Boo, and new passive income handily saved the day re totals. Yay.

I've found that if I focus on enough things usually one is up for the day so I focus on the glass half full.

Went to Happy Hour with three of my friend's . We laughed ourselves silly . I realized how much I love having good friends .My So is my best friend but woman friends are the icing on the cake .

Spent the day at the Baylor/St. Lukes Texas Medical Center while DW was getting her Mitral valve replaced using the "keyhole" surgical procedure. She's in ICU and will be hopefully off the breathing machine tomorrow.

Spent the day at the Baylor/St. Lukes Texas Medical Center while DW was getting her Mitral valve replaced using the "keyhole" surgical procedure. She's in ICU and will be hopefully off the breathing machine tomorrow.

She is in our thoughts and prayers.

:flowers: Hang in there, aja8888--get some rest yourself. Glad she was deemed strong enough to have the resplacement done and hope she feels her health starts to improve without delay.

So glad her procedure is over! Whew. Sounds like she is doing OK, and I am happy for both of you.

Thinking of you and the missus....

aja8888, Hope you got a good nights sleep and Mrs. aja had a good night too.

Stocking up on water and beer in advance of TS Harvey.

Was just listening to the weather report and wondering how things look in Texas. I think I heard that the storm is suppose to stall in Texas before moving on, hope I heard wrong. Keep safe!

Bought a Remington 870 Police.

Good choice, that's what I carried at work. With all the practice I did with it, never a jam or misfire. And there is no mistaking the sound it makes.

Light day at the gym for me, I just did the cardio stuff and a few weight machines I don't normally use, I only went because DW is "out of phase" with me because of her trip to SC for the eclipse. If I go then she is more likely to go too.

Re: Harvey. I think the comparison to TS Allison of 2001 is apt. This is going to be a real soaker. We are not in the direct path of the storm though.

So today is clean out the gutters day, weed-wack some of the drainage points around the house, bring in the lawn furniture, and so on.

If things change for the worse, then the plywood for the windows comes out. Maybe I should stage things just in case?

But there is always plenty of food, chocolate, water, and beer around, so no need to get any more.

Thanks everybody for the kind words and prayers.:)

I didn't sleep well last night and I believe our dog didn't either. I may take a nap this afternoon, which I normally never do.:cool:

I went to the Baylor/St. Lukes hospital ICU this morning via the Toll Toad and then I-69 (really highway 59) in heavy traffic (wonderful, don't miss it a bit). They let me in the ICU at 10:00 am and I saw that DW was off the ventilator sitting up and breathing on her own! :dance: Looks like the potential lung issue with her COPD is off the table (tracheotomy), although she is still on oxygen.

She was sitting up and had breakfast and was very talkative and had good color. The nurse was removing some of the IV plumbing and was getting her ready to be put on a list to get into a private room,hopefully,tonight some time.

I was able to leave her with her cell phone and she will call me when the room is ready. The nurses in ICU have to be the cream of the crop for the work they do and how they attend to the patients needs. They appeared to be very efficient and were tending to a lot of patients who had just had open heart surgery. The ones I spoke with were all senior level with many years experience. I've never had the opportunity to spend time in a ICU so it was a leaning experience for me.

So, bottom line is she may be released over the weekend if the Doc gives the green light. I'll be interested to find out the PT recovery process since she had pretty much wasted away to almost skin and bones (damaged ones too) over the last 10 months. Now that the Mitral valve is new, she should be getting more oxygen carrying blood into her lungs where it will do some good and maybe she can be more physically active and get stronger. :)

Sounds promising...hope she continues to improve! Good luck!

Outstanding! Congratulations to you both for getting through what must have been an extremely scary procedure. Best wishes for a continued speedy recovery. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom