What did you do today? 2017 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same thing happened to us. Somehow forgot to set the auto pay date for that month. Missed by a few days. Had the card for a decade and never missed a payment deadline. We cancelled the card after they refused a grace period payment.

I suspect we were not attractive customers as we never paid any interest on using their money in 10 years.
I think of it as my cheap one way ticket to Bora Bora.

All the above posts about ice cream make me want to have some. I have none in the fridge. Should I go out to get some?

Or should I eat an egg instead, having no quail egg either?

All the above posts about ice cream make me want to have some. I have none in the fridge. Should I go out to get some?

Or should I eat an egg instead, having no quail egg either?

You should go out and get ice cream. Life is short.

I got tired from the work on the trellises, so went to bed early. No ice cream, nor egg.

You should go out and get ice cream. Life is short.

I did that a bit too much when I moved to Virginia many years ago while the family was still in Colorado. The results were not pretty. See the other thread about obesity. :facepalm:

Been thinking of a new show for HGTV.

Tiny Log Cabin Fixer Upper Flip or Flop Beachfront Property

Yep...that's what I did today. :rolleyes:

I suspect we were not attractive customers as we never paid any interest on using their money in 10 years.

That may well be the case. Several years ago I saw a TV news segment that said banks refer to people who don't pay cc interest charges as "deadbeats".

It was nice outside today. The forecast called for thunderstorms all day, but other than a short-lived downpour it's been nice. I took a three-mile walk while listening to a podcast. When I got home DH was taking a break from power washing the deck, so I finished up the job. Dinner will be ready soon (salmon with brown rice).

I had two zucchini plants last year that bloomed from July-October (this is Texas) but not a single zucchini ever appeared. Hope yours don't have the same curse.

Ever tried hiding it in zucchini bread? Yummy!

You may want to look for lack of pollinators. Had the same thing last year (lots of stuff flowering but not being pollinated. I know I can hand pollinate with long q-tips but too lazy to get up early enough in the morning when the blossoms are open. Opted to plant pollinator attracting flowers (sunflowers, marigolds, other wild flowers) to bring them in. We'll see this year. Should never have gotten rid of the clover in the yard.:(:(:(

After the gym yesterday I was asleep in front of the TV before 9. DW convinced me to go to bed then.

Had a DR'S appointment at 8:15. Despite having a perfectly good garage my truck sat out in 8 inches of fresh snow(perhaps because we were asleep and missed the snow falling and the forcast).:banghead: After leaving I realized I didn't have my wallet and they're not going to see me without id. I managed to get back around the circle and home, no plows have been out and I am the first vehicle going through.

As I hurry out the driveway the truck won't corner and I am in a 2 foot ditch across the road. Half blocking the road! I didn't expect it to work, but it came right back out. Two miles from home and the roads blocked by a wrecker pulling a truck out of the ditch. I actually get there on time. Of course my docs 15 minutes late. :D

She upped the dosage on the metoprolol, hopefully that's the final answer. The early results are good just not quite in the target.

When I was checking out the gal helping me told me about her experience yesterday. She'd hit a wild turkey about 55 miles per hour! She was physically OK, her vehicle needs a windshield but the glass held. I didn't ask about the turkey.;)

She'd hit a wild turkey about 55 miles per hour! She was physically OK, her vehicle needs a windshield but the glass held. I didn't ask about the turkey.;)

Three of these in a week last month around here.

Attachments

• turk.jpg
    turk.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 25
Uncovered another flower bed on this gorgeous MN spring day. So nice to have an early spring. As I was moving a pile of old leaves I came across several torn, weathered but still readable pages of the Sept. 17, 1928 St. Paul Dispatch! The find made me happy! Headline: Many Dead in Florida Hurricane. There was an article on the latest from President Coolidge.

Spent most of my day pushing paper (State Employee) and day dreaming about my two week vacation in May. Really nothing productive, though.

On a real positive note, finished enclosing my patio over this past week and put together new furniture. NICE!

Michael

The car owner apparently did not apply Rain-X.

I finally listened to my neighbor and put Rain-X on my windshield. Bugs did not stick, and the wipers worked to clean the glass a lot better in the rain.

The car owner apparently did not apply Rain-X.

I finally listened to my neighbor and put Rain-X on my windshield. Bugs did not stick, and the wipers worked to clean the glass a lot better in the rain.

I am a lifelong fan of Rain X.
1) Windshield
2) Motorcycle goggles
3) Shooting glasses
4) Glass shower enclosure
5) Bathroom mirrors

Three of these in a week last month around here.

Good thing these birds are fresh and not frozen. :rolleyes:

Seriously I would be very concerned. Turkeys are big and would really mess up anything at speed. Don't get me started on big critters, they kill.

I tapped the back of a whitetail at ~12 mph in a pick up last century. It ran off seemingly unhurt, I was a little shook up and realized I was OK, truck was too. I found a few hair on the hood and always drove slower on that road.

Hitting anything can be really bad. I've known a couple of folks who hit really big things and lived to tell the story. There are others who didn't.

Let's see if I can remember everything...

Coffee grinder broke so I worked on fixing it, stopped for coffee and breakfast on the way over to my late DF's house to work on the inventory of "stuff" and leave a box of sorted photos (I'm executor), took DW out for a nice lunch, drove by a house for sale that we might want to see, went by the pet store for some food (since Chewy delivered the wrong package the other day), picked up some superglue for the grinder repair, came home, fixed the grinder, changed the oil/fuel filter/lubed the riding mower, mowed half the yard, took a shower and grabbed a well-deserved beer.

When I heard people say they never knew how they ever found time to spend 50 hours in an office I didn't believe them. Now I do!

EDIT: Forgot picking up a couple of wheelbarrow's full of branches and various debris from the winter so I could mow.

Last edited:
Uncovered another flower bed on this gorgeous MN spring day. So nice to have an early spring. As I was moving a pile of old leaves I came across several torn, weathered but still readable pages of the Sept. 17, 1928 St. Paul Dispatch! The find made me happy! Headline: Many Dead in Florida Hurricane. There was an article on the latest from President Coolidge.

Finding a newspaper of that age is so cool! Made me google the date and the hurricane. What a tragedy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1928_Okeechobee_hurricane

You may want to look for lack of pollinators. Had the same thing last year (lots of stuff flowering but not being pollinated. I know I can hand pollinate with long q-tips but too lazy to get up early enough in the morning when the blossoms are open. Opted to plant pollinator attracting flowers (sunflowers, marigolds, other wild flowers) to bring them in. We'll see this year. Should never have gotten rid of the clover in the yard.:(:(:(

You don't need Qtip, I do this all the time. Just male flower rubs against female flower. Nothing to it. I usually have too many zucchini.

I did almost 6 hours of oil painting. I skipped my piano class instead, I had a quiz today. Just couldn't manage any interest in practicing piano.
I'm all stiff from standing up and painting. Resting now and try to relax before going to bed.

I usually have too many zucchini.

A neighbor of ours in B.C. used to say that that you could always tell people who had no friends, "Because they were buying zucchinis at the supermarket".

I too did the switch above.

Then, had to use oil-based stain on my home and deck. Back to buying turpentine I am.

By the way, they now have this paint thinner that is like a gel. I unknowingly got a can of it, and did not like it. What the heck is that?

It's for my art class, it's oil painting class and not latex. Maybe I should suggest to my art teacher to switch to latex painting class.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom