What did you do today? 2018 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't have any tequila so I made triple sec sunrises for happy hour on the patio and they turned out pretty good. Later on we went to a Steely Dan tribute band concert by a lake and had a picnic dinner.

I'm not an electrician but running a "home run" 240v circuit as you obviously know is not rocket science, what spec could he have possibly objected to?
I'm just curious.

The Volvo charger draws 32 amps, and calls for a 40 amp circuit. He insisted it had to be a 50 amp circuit because that's what a Tesla needs. :facepalm:

They are finally digging our pool. I’ve always wanted a pool and I am so so excited.

Attachments

• IMG_1270.JPG
    IMG_1270.JPG
    705.5 KB · Views: 40
Thank you.....was talking to my buddy before he went to the hospital today....told him (since she's in a lot of pain and now cannot walk) that I hoped she'd go sooner than later....don't want her to experience what my late wife went through before she died.

Sorry to hear this, Nemo. A guy I went through school with passed away from a similar tumor after surgery, radiation and chemo. It's a hard way to go -- maybe just as hard to witness.

Grrr.

Today, I swatted at a fly, missed, and broke a $500 lamp.

Wife not happy.

But are you? I broke a coffee table with an inlaid glass top trying to clean the glass and guess what...DH was not happy, but I was as I had grown to dislike it. Love the replacement :dance:.

Half a gym day (cardio only) and then to Lowes to pick up six 40 lb. bags of salt for the water softener. Now my back hurts.:( We also picked up a new grass rake for DW and some 3-way light bulbs for the downstairs lamps that she uses.

Half a gym day (cardio only) and then to Lowes to pick up six 40 lb. bags of salt for the water softener. Now my back hurts.:( We also picked up a new grass rake for DW and some 3-way light bulbs for the downstairs lamps that she uses.

I feel your pain. I just finished buying, loading, unloading, hauling, and dumping 22 bags of pond pebbles (about 50 lbs each). My back's ok, but my sciatica is acting up. Now I have to decide between naproxen and bourbon for muscle relaxation.

I feel your pain. I just finished buying, loading, unloading, hauling, and dumping 22 bags of pond pebbles (about 50 lbs each). My back's ok, but my sciatica is acting up. Now I have to decide between naproxen and bourbon for muscle relaxation.

No contest. Naproxen is for sissies :D.

Today was DW's first time back to the gym in over a week. Yeah. Arms only but she proclaimed he legs as improved greatly. She's on her second script of steroids and thought the weights were too easy. [emoji12]

We went out for a great lunch and came back and went down to the canyon in SJNF. Pretty day. Windy and too dry. How dry is it? Well look at these bees on the hose. They ignored flowers and went for water instead. 20180624_100051.jpeg

But are you? I broke a coffee table with an inlaid glass top trying to clean the glass and guess what...DH was not happy, but I was as I had grown to dislike it. Love the replacement :dance:.
I'm indifferent. The only place I care about the furnishings is my study. The rest of the house she can (and does) do whatever she wants.

Luckily, once the the storm subsided, it turns out that the lamp is not destroyed and only needs the glass shade replaced. That cost $60 which is a lot less painful. :)

Grrr.

Today, I swatted at a fly, missed, and broke a $500 lamp.

Wife not happy.

Do you have a picture of this lamp pre-swatting I like to see what a 500 dollar lamp looks like:)

Luckily, once the the storm subsided, it turns out that the lamp is not destroyed and only needs the glass shade replaced. That cost $60 which is a lot less painful. :)
So, now that the damage is much less, tell us, was that really an accident or just an excuse because you don't like the lamp?

We promise not to disclose to your DW

There's two of them. Here is the other. It must be made out of platinum. :facepalm:

lamp.jpg

Ok that's a relief the damage is less, but nothing good usually comes out of swatting things in the bathroom..:cool:

So, now that the damage is much less, tell us, was that really an accident or just an excuse because you don't like the lamp?

We promise not to disclose to your DW
:D

I really am indifferent. If there's anything I don't like, it's that the bulbs don't last more than a couple of months. We go through 2-3 bulbs per year in these lamps.

If there's anything I don't like, it's that the bulbs don't last more than a couple of months. We go through 2-3 bulbs per year in these lamps.
I bet they're not cheap, either. I hate those.

Busy day of chores and errands today. I painted the Adirondack chairs and picnic table, changed the water filters, and washed the green algae off the siding on the front of the house and garage. Then DH and I went to the local carpet store and finalized the contract to replace carpeting in the MBR and loft area.

After all that, I decided I deserved some fun so I took the sailboat out for the first time this year.

Went thru some pictures we’d had stashed away. Tossed a bunch. We still have many to go. Good way to work on a hot day. Now we’re headed out to have a nice dinner.

I had ordered two wicker chaises and a small table online .When they arrived the box was broken and some of the hardware for the table was missing . Today I called to see if they could send replacement hardware . They did not have any so they offered me a credit . I figured $10 . They offered me $65.00 so win win . We can buy some at home depot for very little .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom