What did you read to your kids?

Our 8 year old son looked at the food on the table with glee until I told him that it wasn't for him and that we had pizza for him and his sister who were expected to play upstairs out of the way. His reply was "Rats, fate farts in my face once again".
That's some pretty impressive alliteration for an 8-year-old.

That's some pretty impressive alliteration for an 8-year-old.

he's a hoot. :)

Both our kids are avid readers, and we were starting to get worried about him as he could not read at all by age 4, while his sister read her first book before she was 3. Then he took off like a bullet and at age 5 was reading The Hobbit and had read all 3 Lord of the Rings books by age 7.

We remember him talking to his sister once saying he only got a B in English one semester because "his English teacher was parsimonious with his marking", and his sister told him that he deserved an A just for knowing how to use the word parsimonious in a sentence :LOL:

He has cerebral palsy and his symptoms are very similar to those with Asperger's syndrome. (I have a 10 yr old niece with Asperger's as well)

We remember him talking to his sister once saying he only got a B in English one semester because "his English teacher was parsimonious with his marking", and his sister told him that he deserved an A just for knowing how to use the word parsimonious in a sentence.
:)

Among many others mentioned above, I also read one of my childhood favorites to DD, and still have it to read to DGD. The Boxcar Children series.

I tried reading her the John Carter of Mars series, but she got scared. I think I started too early.

Nobody's reading Walter the Farting Dog?

books

Saw that at the bookstore, wanted it but was in an [-]anal retentive[/-] frugal mood.

Here's one to read to your dog:

Attachments

• IMG_5332.jpg
    IMG_5332.jpg
    524.3 KB · Views: 2
Abundant alliteration Alan:whistle:

The kids get it from their mother and her side of the family - I was just pleased to pass the necessary minimum English exam for entry to university :rolleyes:

Me and my lot are just a load of "pit yakkers" from the Durham minefields.

Mr. Brown can Moo is a favorite Seuss and Fox in Socks is soo hard but fun to read

For older kids, all the Kate DiCamillo books are wonderful for reading aloud together - Edward Tulane is incredibly moving and sweet, we purchased most of her books after that one and have enjoyed them all. The chapters are just long enough you can get a couple in if you have lots of time, or just one if you're in a hurry and they each leave you anticipating the next one.

Ella the Elephant books are nice for preschoolers. Mr. Stinky Cheeseman is silly and fun to read as well.

Back
Top Bottom